User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Can't be bothered reading this and there's less than a dozen posts so far, read the title, that's enough for me.

Long threads have to really interest me for me to read them all, it does happen but the longer the thread the more likely I'd read it without posting.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    It depends on what the subject is. If it's anything that requires some intellectual thought, and of a remotely argumentative nature, then I hate posting in it once it's gotten long. Usually aout 40 to 50 posts. At the point, any chance of uncovering the truth is lost, and reasoning has been shattered. The thread will likely have become a gordian knot of its own assumptions and the personal investments of those who involved themselves.
    Yes! This is why I can't stand forums that are always hounding members to "do a search n00b!" Each thread is unique, even on the exact same topic, due to the time it was written in an who participated...

I find that if I don't catch a thread almost immediately when it starts, it's nigh impossible to get into it. However, those threads can provide some good info...
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

I always try to read through threads so I don't say the same thing as someone else but I can't be bothered reading this and there's less than a dozen posts so far, read the title, that's enough for me. A lot of the time people skim read posts too. I bet you didn't even read this part because it's stuck in the middle here did you? Long threads have to really interest me for me to read them all, it does happen but the longer the thread the more likely I'd read it without posting. Thanks#11.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Only if I have sufficient interest at the topic will I revisit a thread after one or two posts. For really long threads, I notice people tend to start repeating the same things. The first group resolved the issue... then a new person charms in about pretty much the same thing and the convo repeats. Recursive loop every 3/4 pages is about right. Suffice to say I rarely revisit a thread after it gets pass 5 pages... unless it's a "fluff" humor thread. I don't read everything either... I pick and choose. Most in-between pages get skipped.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    INFP

It depends...If most of the thread is made up of posts by a few people having a conversation within the conversation, I don't bother. If different people are chiming in with something of their own, not necessary something new, I don't mind. I like posting no matter how long the thread is, but I do prefer getting in early.

Yay, I made it before page 3!

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I bet you didn't even read this part because it's stuck in the middle here did you?
    O rly? I read more than I post so there!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    512 sp/so

Made it in before page 3... Thank goodness. This means that I can continue posting if this thread goes beyond that, am I right?

(I agree, I seldom read fully threads that are > 4pages in length. I just don't have the time or mental energy. Especially if it's a serious thread.)

MBTI
    ISTP

Yes.

(u c wut I did thar?)

MBTI
    I

Yeah, I sort of agree with the OP. I don't really like posting in long threads. What I dislike even more since I'm lazy is when the first post in a thread is long. Then I think to myself, screw this, I'm going to a shorter post.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Posting in long threads makes me achey some times - at the possibility my posts will be passed by. Quite a bummer, really.