User Tag List

Page 18 of 29 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: When You Were Younger, What Did You Want to Be When You Grew Up?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I was just listening to Gangstarr Work and it made me think, I think I have never seen a thread on this. Is there one? Maybe there isn't. Anyway, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I can remember wanting to be a film director.
    I never wanted to grow up.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)

The Duchess of Oddity Array Queen Kat's Avatar

I wanted to be a lot of things:

- Scientist ("because scientists know everything")
    - Stand up comedian ("because I like being funny")
    - Journalist ("because they can travel and be on tv")
    - Politician ("because they can change the world")
    - Writer ("because I like writing")

Now I know that I don't have enough talent for any of these things.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

9w1 sx/so

when i was really young i wanted to be a dancer or an actress...then i wanted to be a psychiatrist...then i wanted to be a social worker...then i wanted to open a super cool store....then i wanted to design furniture...then i wanted to be a glass blower...then an art dealer...then open a cafe that had great art and musicians...then...and then...etc...etc
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

I wanted to be an air hostess as i wanted to travel the world.

Then i wanted to be a psychologist. Loved the subject.

Then i became realistic and took opportunities as they arose. Boring.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

5w4 sx

As a kid I wanted to be a scientist, writer or maybe a vet. Probably astronaut, monk and psychologist were in there somewhere.

Senior Member Array copperfish17's Avatar
    5w4 sp/so

A scientist!

I wanted to make Pokemon real.

RL Pokemon FTW!
    Last edited by copperfish17; 03-14-2010 at 05:25 AM. Reason: Typo
    Enneagram: 5w4 5-9-2 (5w4 9w1 2w1) sp/so

"Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience." - Greg King
    The worst mistake people make in political arguments is assuming that the other side is not trying to do the right thing. This simple oversight makes productive conversation nearly impossible.

Minister of Propagandhi Array ajblaise's Avatar

Like I thought it was a real thing, being magic. More than just what magicians did.

Still do. :spam2:

Ruler of the Stars Array Asterion's Avatar
    5 sp/sx

Scientist, and guess where I am? (uni, studying physics, chemistry and math). I don't know, I just looked back to my early school year book not long ago, and I had drawn myself holding a flask, with a lab coat on and stuff. I forgot about that all the way up until the end of school.

I noticed that just about everyone else wanted to be policemen, firefighters, truck drivers, hair dressers, army men (X 100)... I felt kinda weird.

All of the other professions I encountered at school seemed insecure. I may have liked them, but I felt that they were dangerous.
    5 3 9

Did I already answer this?

Real things I told people I wanted to be:

A doctor, but first I would be a nurse (before 6th grade)
    A primatologist (I wrote this down on my 10th grade PSAT and as math/science were always my weakest subjects and primatology is pretty...specific I got NO literature from colleges to pursue this passion that lasted all of 1 year..I read too much hippie environmentalist propaganda I guess)
    A feminist psychologist (I really had my eyes set on this bad from age 11 or so), I also wanted to open my own co-ed school with a social justice agenda and that taught gender equality to boys and girls
    The First Asian [Immigrant] Female Governor of California (thanks Arnold for kicking down doors for me HAHAHA)
    Or just a general everday elected official working in national politics
    A diplomat
    A journalist
    A Working Artist - i.e. a filmmaker, writer, fashion designer, animator or stylist

^^ Soooo in line with ENFP, I know

I did eventually get my BA in political science from a women's college that sends a lot of women's libbers to the capitol (LOL) and I have been smattering in "the applied arts" since that time as well.

Now I'm looking to get a proper art education and live the dream, baby!

See, we continually grow up and up and up until we can't grow up no more.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

5&4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by King-Of-Despair View Post
    I just looked back to my early school year book not long ago, and I had drawn myself holding a flask, with a lab coat on and stuff. I forgot about that all the way up until the end of school.
    Awww, so cute.

EDIT: I forgot to add that I wanted to be a yoga instructor, a designer, and a filmmaker for a while, too.