User Tag List

First 7151617181927 Last

First a unicorn, but then I realized they were not real. Then a horse. Then a horse trainer-which I did for five years. Then a vet, as I was a bit too absent minded to be a horse trainer. But to be a vet I needed to have a science degree-thus biochemistry.

I ended up going to grad school in biophysics because I fell in love with Physical chemistry.

Aspiring Troens Ridder KLessard's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

I used to play orchestra conductor as a child. I had also invented an instrument with elastic bands I called an "organiste." I imagined I was playing the organ in a big church. I ended up church musician still.

But I wanted to be a writer from the time I was about 9, started writing at ten and I studied literature and creative writing. I do write novels but haven't published anything yet.
    Meanwhile I work in a garden center.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Cartoonist (a la Calvin & Hobbes), architect, fashion designer, rock musician / song writer.... mainly something in the visual arts though.

I went with graphic design because it seemed the most "practical" for getting a job. I realize now I really just wanted to lead some bohemian lifestyle (artist/writer/poet).
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

The only things I ever really wanted to be were a film director, a cartoonist (comic strips, not comic books) or an astronaut.

I gave up the astronaut dream when the Naval Academy told me I couldn't fly because of my eyesight. I stopped drawing for some reason I don't even know. I went to film school and now work in the film industry with an eye toward being a screenwriter, not a director.

I like to screw around with graphic design on the side (I guess the urge to draw came back in a sense), and that's my fantasy career change if I ever get tired of the entertainment industry.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

A ballerina.

I don't mean every girl's dream of pink tutus and slippers. I would have given anything to be able to move in form to music. That was so special to me as a kid. When I became much older, like middle school aged, I wanted to be a writer and photographer. I also wanted to be a music critic, but that dream was short-lived since back then I [actually] cared about how they were perceived and that many of them are not very well-liked. I didn't want to be a part of that.

EDIT: Poet, archaeologist, conceptual artist, astronaut, pediatrician, cowgirl, head of a punk band, and English professor were prospects for me as well at some point.

MBTI
    INtP

I went through a series of things...

First, at age 7, I wanted to be a king. So you can say that I started right away with the unachievable ambitions... Later dreams included space colonist, author, astronaut, aeronautical engineer, marine biologist, and geneticist (gene therapy, mostly). I wound up doing programming, which is working out okay, but was never really a dream of mine. Just sort of fell into it.

But I'd still *totally* go for the space colonist thing if I could.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

In the 6th grade, I wanted to be a research scientist who worked on finding treatments for cancer in animals. When I was 14, I got on an archaeology jag and read every book I could find about the discovery of King Tut's tomb and ancient Egypt in general. I was going to be an archaeologist until later when I visited a college and found out that I would have to get a Ph.D. degree in it to get a good job. Things went down hill from there..... chemistry major 1st semester of college, business major 2nd semester, biology major 3rd semester, grad school in microbiology, actually worked in the field for quite awhile, then decided to go into interior design but took 1 course and changed my mind, took grad courses in psychology, was later accepted into a PhD program in psychology, decided it was too stressful and quit after 1st semester (got straight A's though!), took art classes and decided to be an artist for which my husband constantly hassles me because he wants me to go back to a "real job" working in microbiology. So far, I've managed to hold out against his pressure and keep painting! It's not easy being an INFJ.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

^Research scientist, how could I forget! For a number of years I was coming up with the cure for AIDS.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Geneticist when I was little. Then, during adolescence, I wanted a career in radiology so that I could x-ray boobs.

Charming little guy.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

Clueless, wants to know what my subconscious thought during those preceding moments of life that precluded to parlay life of the five year old cheeky spirit, that I do.

I watched 7up, its upto 49up or something and most of the children that were posed the question to what they wished to be in their adult form, given time, did entirely become this vestibule of their childhood wish or thereafter an inclination towards that preoccupation that mentioned they during their childhood years happen to some degree, the manifestation has.