User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

It happens a lot with names for me. Specially my own name. I start thinking what others might think when they mutter my name, and eventually I don't feel as if it is my name at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Anyone ever get this - after a word is repeated enough and you hear it enough, you start to lose sense of it, and it sounds funny?

Like for example, if a word is repeated a lot on a video that I see or from someone talking, then the word just starts to sound funny/strange. AND if I write a word repeatedly, it starts to LOOK funny/strange after I keep writing it.

I can TOTALLY relate.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Anyone ever get this - after a word is repeated enough and you hear it enough, you start to lose sense of it, and it sounds funny?

Like for example, if a word is repeated a lot on a video that I see or from someone talking, then the word just starts to sound funny/strange. AND if I write a word repeatedly, it starts to LOOK funny/strange after I keep writing it.
    Yes, all the time. Then it sounds like a foreign language and I have trouble saying it and recognising it as "English".

Actually, what Jennifer said about an enitre language pretty much dissolving is exactly what happens to me, too on occasion.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    ISXJ

To the OP, yes, I know exactly what you're talking about. I think the first time I noticed was with the word "sugar." It messes me up every time I try to repeat the word aloud so many times...it starts to sound funny, and it makes no sense.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    Yes, all the time. Then it sounds like a foreign language and I have trouble saying it and recognising it as "English".

Actually, what Jennifer said about an enitre language pretty much dissolving is exactly what happens to me, too on occasion.
    This happens to me quite often.

I can stare at some basic words for minutes and drive myself mad because I can't understand what they mean or how they should be spelt, the word just doesn't look, feel or sound right.

And then I spend the rest of the day walking around in a daze, wondering if reality is actually real.

I mix up words a lot when I talk verbally too.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Haha yes, I've had this happen before.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?