User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Self-righteous status quo slaves. Dinosauric perceptions of social culture, fed by outdated, insular quasi-religions.

Did anyone else find the phrase, "We have hope: a rainbow-colored coalition..." glaringly ironic?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

That poor poor California doctor that's being forced to keep her kid in public school to be objected to the disgusting homosexuals--.. Oh wait.

I'm going with Mi'Lady on this one, Christianity is about love, not oppression. People are missing the point when they go on crusades like this. It's about spreading through the word and through love, not at all about enforcing what they think is right with others.

I've stated my opinion on here several times before.. I don't think Christian churches should be forced to permit gay marriages.. but I do think that they should have the freedom to decide whether it's right or not. I think gays should have legal rights to be the equal to Christian marriages.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Christianity is about love, not oppression.
    I wouldn't even call their platform a 'Christian' perspective.

It's just blatant homophobia.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

I love the storm effect in the background.

Are these stuffs supposed to be viewed with the sound on and all?
    Not sure I could take all the overflowing emotion.

I'm fragile like that.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    I love the storm effect in the background.
    That is pretty funny.

Initially, I thought it was a convenient reference for implied association with Stormfront.org.

In retrospect, I don't know how far-fetched the deductive leap was.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    That is pretty funny.

Initially, I thought it was a convenient reference for implied association with Stormfront.org.

In retrospect, I don't know how far-fetched the deductive leap was.
    You're so smert mister
    Can you teach me how to blow balloons next?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

... In theory.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    ...I've stated my opinion on here several times before.. I don't think Christian churches should be forced to permit gay marriages.. but I do think that they should have the freedom to decide whether it's right or not. I think gays should have legal rights to be the equal to Christian marriages.
    hmmm....What about the gay Christians?

I don't think denoms should be forced to approve marriages theologically if they don't want to... but I'm not sure why a particular religion has a strangehold over what "legal" marriage is. There should be state-approved relationships that are not controlled by religious preference, and then denomination-approved relationships pertaining to individual preferences of faith.

In any case, the more whacked out this fight gets, hopefully the more that the average person will realize how skewed the more volatile reactions are. It gets worse before it self-corrects, but systems always self-correct (if they don't crash).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

The issue is that religious people have a set of 'moral rules', and moral rules are supposed to be absolutes to the idealistic\traditionalistic mind.

So I'm not sure they could take the schism between national and religious values, especially since the family is deeply rooted in both.

They don't want gay mariage but there's no satisfying way out for them, if they support non-christian but civil marriage they'd give up a huge part of their socio cultural influence over the years. So, they feel threatened and counter attack.

Which, I agree is quite pathetic, if very human.

... In theory.

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    hmmm....What about the gay Christians?

I don't think denoms should be forced to approve marriages theologically if they don't want to... but I'm not sure why a particular religion has a strangehold over what "legal" marriage is. There should be state-approved relationships that are not controlled by religious preference, and then denomination-approved relationships pertaining to individual preferences of faith.

In any case, the more whacked out this fight gets, hopefully the more that the average person will realize how skewed the more volatile reactions are. It gets worse before it self-corrects, but systems always self-correct (if they don't crash).

Right on.

I think you have to look at it from an objective civil rights stance- I don't care about what the theology is- they still share civil rights.

Justice should be blind.

It is like my husband says- nothing is more destructive then fear- because when you fear someone- you don't care about their well being and think only of your welfare often to the expense of the other person's welfare. I don't think God fears homosexuals and has perfect love that casts out all fear- and I don't think christians should fear them either.

What is really strange to me is that I don't see how a gay couple getting married will do anything bad to me and my marriage. I do hear crazy things like God will punish America if we allow gay marriage-the wrath of God will come down- you know just like how Katrina was punishment for the gay community- it is nuts- it's like God has punished Amercia- he gave us idiots to live with like you,lol.I think God loves everyone- no exceptions- he has allowed america to let alcoholics, drug addicts, shot gun wedding participants to get married and hasn't destroyed us for that- why are homosexuals any less of a people- why are they singled out?

Let he who is without sin walk down the aisle- see how many people are worthy to get married then.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

I don't get why same sex marriages are so offensive, or why people are so emotionally invested in something that has nothing to do with them? How does it affect their personal freedom?
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]