User Tag List

Thread: MBTIc's International Geographic

Senior Member Array SuperServal's Avatar

Default MBTIc's International Geographic

So where have you lived? Where have you visited? What did you like about those places? What did you not like? How did living/visiting there inform your life? Can you give out any advice to travelers in your locations?

I'll start with the area where my life began: The outskirts of the Greater Chicago Metropolitan area in Cook and McHenry Counties, Illinois, United States, North America, Gaia, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group, Universe.

I was born in Woodstock, Illinois on April 3rd 1987. I lived in McHenry, Illinois until summer 1995. Much of my extended family lived in Chicago proper (in fact they lived in condos on Lake Michigan). I spent my early childhood in poor outskirts of the Chicago Metro area. We lived in the last bastion of urban-inity before it gave way to vast cornfields and other assorted agricultural lands. Therefore I experienced a mish-mash of rural, small town, and big city life as a youngster. I am grateful for the memories I have from this area:
    -Having massive Christmas parties in my grandmother's condo (the one on Lake Michigan)
    -Walking through huge corn mazes on Halloween.
    -Going out on boats on the numerous lakes and rivers in the region.
    -Walking around my rather large neighborhood....looking at the mixture of sorta nice to scary ass houses.

Being a kid in this place allowed me to appreciate true winters. I played in the snow and on the ice like it was nothing. I loved the cold... During recess in school we'd all go outside and dig tunnels under the snow or slide across the huge patches of ice on the parking lot. I would go sledding down hills with my family or ice skate on lakes with the adults. I loved, loved, loved these winter wonderland environments. I'm glad I was able to appreciate this as a kid before I moved south.

Since I was so young, I don't have all that much to add.

Next time I post, I will talk about the place I moved to in 1995: Little Rock, Arkansas.

So tell us about the places you've been!
    9 wing 1

I was born on November 19, 1990 in Mandaue, Cebu, Philippines. I lived there for a few years before our family relocated to Davao City in Mindanao.

Cebu is located in the Visayas region(the Phils. is composed of Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao)and is regarded as the Queen City of the South. The last time I went there was in December 2007. There were a lot of condos as compared to Davao City, a lot of Koreans(I never missed seeing at least one everyday I was there), clean and spacious roads(this is only true for the uptown side of Cebu), and malls. My relatives in Cebu swear that in SM(a very well-known mall throughout the country), one can get lost in strolling around inside. I really haven't tried this theory by myself, though I would really like to give it a shot. Maybe, this December 2009, but my mother's family have a family reunion on December 2009 in Cagayan de Oro, Mindanao.

When I was a kid living in Cebu, my cousins became my friends(we live in the same house) and since I was a quiet child pretty much absorbed in doing my own activities, all I remember is I bit my younger brother in the arm and that I screamed and wouldn't go down the stairs because there was a dead cockroach at the bottom of the stairs.
    I'm a Phlegmatic-Melancholy.