User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: College!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default College!

The College thread!

We all know college years can be the best of times, and in some cases, the worst of times. They're a vital period of time in our lives, so let's be open and share the good and the bad.

Share your stories, lives, and experiences with us!

Which colleges did you graduate from? What did you major/minor in? Ph. D anyone? Study abroad? What did you study? Share it all!

Or, if you're like me, and haven't gotten that far in life, share what your plans for college are. I'll share mine. I plan on attending the University of Florida in 2 years and studying Anthropology.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    epic

i forgot

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Currently I'm attending Lone Star Community College - Cy-Fair campus.

I plan on getting my associates degree in general science, a transferable degree plan, and I'm taking Japanese. If this year and the next go well, I will be taking a few international business certificates and/or (depending on how well) teaching classes, and I hope to start studying summers abroad by the time I'm done with this degree plan.

My back-up plan is to do something in the medical field, since there a lot of professions that only require 1-3 years of schooling.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I don't know where people are coming from when they say college life is exciting.

MBTI
    INTP

East Carolina University. BS in solid state electronics.

Also went to Chowan, Roanoke-Chowan Community College and NC State. And many, many, many majors.

College was great. I was always considered a screw up in HS and college was like being able to redefine myself. I was only with most teachers for 3 months, they didn't nag you, most times they didnt even know you, you could make your own schedule. You could sign up for whatever you wanted to learn. Loved it. So different than HS.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

I attend Tarrant County Community College, North East Campus, in Hurst Texas.

i'm only in my second semester, and although i enjoy school, i wouldn't call it the best time of my life. Maybe that happens later? I dont really have any friends at college though, so that may be half of it.

I'm going to major in psychology.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I don't know where people are coming from when they say college life is exciting.
    +1. Although it's always exciting to read up on various topics at college/university libraries. I always feel like a kid in a candy store.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    +1. Although it's always exciting to read up on various topics at college/university libraries. I always feel like a kid in a candy store.
    Yeah, but there's also Wikipedia.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    IEE

I'm currently attending San Jacinto Community College: North Campus, later transferring to the University of Houston: Clear Lake campus, pursuing a Bachelor's in Computer Information Systems.

From there, I'll decide if I want to pursue my education further or settle into a more permanent work environment, or a combination of the two.

College life so far has been exciting. Since I go to a hole-in-the-wall community college, tuition is hella cheap and I have many friends from my high school (which is the college's next door neighbor).

Plus, I only live 5 minutes away.

Because you can't spell "Slaughter" without "Laughter"

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    Yeah, but there's also Wikipedia.
    Touche.

Anyways, yeah I don't see the excitement interacting with a large selection of spoiled rich pseudo-intellectual brats.