User Tag List

First 123

Thread: College!

MBTI
    ISFP

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    +1. Although it's always exciting to read up on various topics at college/university libraries. I always feel like a kid in a candy store.
    Yeah, I agree with you. Lots of books to choose from!
    I'm a Phlegmatic-Melancholy.

MBTI
    ISFP

I'm currently studying Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Science(formerly Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology)at San Pedro College of Davao. But before I shifted to this course, I studied BS Nursing for a year and a semester at the same school.

I can say that college schedule is flexible, unlike in elementary and highschool wherein I always hated waking up before 7.30 am just to go to school. Well, there are times when I have to wake up before 7.30 am for certain subjects in college now, but not in all days of the week.

Overall, I find college more exciting than highschool(maybe because I was a loner back then ).
    I'm a Phlegmatic-Melancholy.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

To answer the OP:

About to graduate from the Savannah College of Art and Design with a Bachelors of Fine Arts in Illustration and a minor in Sequential Art. Never studied abroad as they only just recently allowed the program to Lacoste, France to be used as a quarter-long study offered during any part of the year and costing about the same as any other quarter on campus. I didn't have the right classes needed to go over there this winter. It would have been fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    I've noticed something about college students, too. They tend to hold on to the values that mommy and daddy instill in them a lot more than the media gives them credit for. For all the talk of "super liberal" universities, a good majority of the people on my floor (and indeed, in my dorm) are pretty conservative. They also tend to be dickheads and like to play around the idea that they're not supposed to use certain words - they love breaking those little social rules when they know they won't be challenged... hopefully they'll mature a little bit more as they get older. Most people do.
    I think this is an interesting point. The instances where "super liberal" people in college or the partiers, or whatever is shown by the media, are active are usually extreme cases of extreme behaviour. That's why they get shown in movies and the news and television. The media seems to want people to think that college is some magic place where weird shit happens all the time.

It irritates me. Mostly because all the "crazy" behaving people at this college flunked out within the first year or they straightened themselves up and realised this is a serious art college and you CAN fail (fun-loving, but serious). It's a bit sad because it's very hard to fail. Most professors would rather they give you a passing grade if you showed some modicum of effort.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Hmm..it seems to be a mixed bag, which I predicted.

Seeing as I am not in college yet, I guess I don't know what to expect.

Anyone study abroad?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESFJ

I went first to the University of Pennsylvania, where everyone was attractive, wealthy, and on drugs. I dropped out after three semesters because I was depressed and on drugs. I went back to Temple University at which I majored in Film and Media Arts and minored in Business Studies. I have plenty of good stories about both schools (especially Penn).

BTW, I didn't grow up wealthy, but I'm spoiled as hell and it's fun going to an Ivy League school.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    +1. Although it's always exciting to read up on various topics at college/university libraries. I always feel like a kid in a candy store.
    There's a seminary right next to my school. The first time I went in the seminary library was to get books for my religion class...I nearly died. Too many awesome theological books all in one place.

Anywho, in response to the OP: I'm a Japanese major and dance minor. I'm a junior at a small, private, Christian, liberal arts school... I'm a first-generation college student, I went to a tiny public high school, and my family is poor and dysfunctional. I would have to say that my experience has been, um, interesting. Most kids are like, "My dad's a doctor/lawyer/company president!"...and I'm like, "Oh, yeah!? My dad's a pothead who washes dishes in a restaurant!" So there have been times where I've felt really out of place. I go to a really good school, but a lot of the students there are just IGNORANT. Other than that though, my school's pretty okay. The dance program is awesome, and all my Japanese professors have been really good. I've learned so much and improved so many skills in just 3 years. It blows my mind. Plus, I've made really good friends.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    Anyone study abroad?
    YES! I went to Japan for a month after my freshman year, and I'm going again for the whole year in September. I'm so stoked.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    To answer the OP:

About to graduate from the Savannah College of Art and Design with a Bachelors of Fine Arts in Illustration and a minor in Sequential Art. Never studied abroad as they only just recently allowed the program to Lacoste, France to be used as a quarter-long study offered during any part of the year and costing about the same as any other quarter on campus. I didn't have the right classes needed to go over there this winter. It would have been fun!

You don't happen to waitress at Paula Deen's restaurant in Savannah, do you? Almost every girl there seemed to be a SCAD student.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"