User Tag List

First 123 Last

Thread: College!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

College is fun, but to be honest, I've learned more in this last year being an RA than I have in all of the classes I've taken so far.

I go to THE Ohio State University, Columbus campus. It's good times here - I love helping people who have problems when they come to me for advice - being an RA is so good for me, because it gives me a reason to use some of my ability to connect with others and help them figure out what's going on.

I'm currently majoring in English Lit. and Psychology, with a focus on Education for the English Lit degree. My original plan was to become a teacher, but being in front of groups drains me pretty badly, so my goal now is to go into school counseling of some sort. I'm also considering a career in Higher Education, though it seems to be a pretty thankless job (just like any other public service career, really). But I know for sure that I'm planning on going into public service of some sort. My life isn't going to be focused around making as much material wealth as possible

But yeah, college is great. And would you believe, I've never drank more than one drink of beer since I've been here! Don't want to forget any nights
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    I don't know where people are coming from when they say college life is exciting.
    I would say it is exciting. A large percentage of kids going to college are getting their very first taste of freedom away from Mom and Dad. That much change in such a short period of time for so many people? Exciting.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Peguy View Post
    Touche.

Anyways, yeah I don't see the excitement interacting with a large selection of spoiled rich pseudo-intellectual brats.
    Hey, I'm not spoiled rich. I'm from a lower-middle class, rural family. That's a very broad paintbrush you're painting.. there are a lot of college students who are nothing like that at all.

Ok, well, you're probably right on the pseudo-intellectual part
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Hey, I'm not spoiled rich. I'm from a lower-middle class, rural family. That's a very broad paintbrush you're painting.. there are a lot of college students who are nothing like that at all.

Ok, well, you're probably right on the pseudo-intellectual part
    I'm well aware not ALL college students are like that, but a good majority of them are. And this applies more towards university students than community colleges ones.

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

I go to the best University in the province and none of my classmates are rich or spoiled.

*shrugs*
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I'm well aware not ALL college students are like that, but a good majority of them are. And this applies more towards university students than community colleges ones.
    Yeah, you're probably right in that it is a good majority of them, but the ones that are good and actually do care are good people usually - I know several people who come to college in order to better themselves, not just because their parents expected it. Heck, my parents actively discouraged me from coming to college - said it was a waste of time.. :-\

I've noticed something about college students, too. They tend to hold on to the values that mommy and daddy instill in them a lot more than the media gives them credit for. For all the talk of "super liberal" universities, a good majority of the people on my floor (and indeed, in my dorm) are pretty conservative. They also tend to be dickheads and like to play around the idea that they're not supposed to use certain words - they love breaking those little social rules when they know they won't be challenged... hopefully they'll mature a little bit more as they get older. Most people do.

9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    I go to the best University in the province and none of my classmates are rich or spoiled.

*shrugs*
    Yeah yeah, of course. Back to INTPcentral with you!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'm attending community college right now, transferring to UC Santa Barbara beginning in August and pursuing a major in psychology.

I don't really have many stories, I tend to be more of a loner, which is very easy to do at a community college. Hoping UCSB will force that out of me.

WTF is this dude saying? A Schnitzel's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Socionics
    B.S.

Yeah yeah, of course. Back to INTPcentral with you!
    Could you try keeping the condescending attitude to a minimum?

It's to be expected that different people have different experiences with school, especially when they are large.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    sheesh humans! for realz

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by A Schnitzel View Post
    Could you try keeping the condescending attitude to a minimum?

It's to be expected that different people have different experiences with school, especially when they are large.
    I think Peguy was just joking a bit :P

9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)