MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    That's rude.
    LOL, aww, nah they were right. I'm too chaotic in my writing. Structure was never my thing. Like I said, I can do it nowadays as it was part of my training, but I refuse to
    I tend to just write the way I speak and go for the light-hearted stuff
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Phantonym

I'm better with writing than talking, that's for sure. I've never had any serious trouble with writing. Writer's block is unfamiliar to me but it does take a while if I'm not really in my writing zone. Words seem so limited sometimes to actually convey the exact things that go on in my mind. And I don't mostly word all of my thoughts because it almost seems too invasive to my brain, too overwhelming, that I just try my best to blank them out.

I've only written essays for school. Nothing more creative than that. I think the fact that I have to do the essays hinders my creativity a lot. I hate doing the things I have to do instead of moving on with writing at my own pace. It always takes me about three days to crank up a 4-5 page essay because it gets so disgusting that I feel I must procrastinate (read: scream and run).

But it also depends on the topic and the mood I'm in. I have to get a "feeling" when writing. I have to be in a good mood, then I'm happy to play with words and ideas. I have to have my space and plenty of time. Then the whole writing process is easy for me and I'm spitting out pages and pages of stuff.

When writing, I find that it is best to let my mind wander free and not constantly force myself to think about the subject. Then I'm able to have these moments of perfect clarity and the multitude of simultaneous ideas running in my mind just click instantaneously. But I always have to write them down quickly in order not to lose them.

I have trouble with fleshing out my arguments and with the cohesiveness of my text. My endings seem rushed and I almost never read the whole thing through afterwards. All of the editing is done during the writing. It's like I have this plan already in my head and I just fill the gaps on paper step by step. But checking whether the plan is filled as it's supposed to is too disgusting that I often don't do it.

I'm new here, could someone explain what is meant by a 'Ne' type?

I have been told I'm gifted at creative writing, and I believe that well enough.

I sometimes encounter your problem when I initially think of a story idea. I get into the imagination 'zone', and suddenly there's countless possibilities.

However, I sometimes decide on a plot and realise too late that it isn't subtle enough, or that it doesn't actually work, that I only wanted to write the plot because it was so dynamic.

I also had quite poor sentence structure and description for a while, but constructive (and horribly blunt) criticism from my INTJ friend helped me sort that out. I used to love writing fanfiction but now it's really hard to write it, because there's no way I'm going to pour hard work, heavy description and a fantastic plot into a fanfiction, which few people will read or review anyway.
    Hello. There'll be something here soon.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fading Dead Star View Post
    I'm new here, could someone explain what is meant by a 'Ne' type?

I have been told I'm gifted at creative writing, and I believe that well enough.

I sometimes encounter your problem when I initially think of a story idea. I get into the imagination 'zone', and suddenly there's countless possibilities.

However, I sometimes decide on a plot and realise too late that it isn't subtle enough, or that it doesn't actually work, that I only wanted to write the plot because it was so dynamic.

I also had quite poor sentence structure and description for a while, but constructive (and horribly blunt) criticism from my INTJ friend helped me sort that out. I used to love writing fanfiction but now it's really hard to write it, because there's no way I'm going to pour hard work, heavy description and a fantastic plot into a fanfiction, which few people will read or review anyway.

Ne means if you use extraverted intuition. ENTP and ENFP have it as their primary cognitive function. A few more that have it as a secundary.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Senior Thread Terminator Aerithria's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Cenomite View Post
    All I need to do to get started writing is get one idea in my head, and it's almost impossible to NOT branch off into 50 different directions from there. Then all I need to do is merge all of those branches with some bullshitted connection, and BAM I've got an A essay in an about an hour.
    Heh, I used to do this all the time. English used to be an easy A for me because of this. It's like the essays would just write themselves.

Stories and things come easily to me too, but I never have the discipline to actually write any of them, mainly because I always seem to get blocked somewhere, and for some reason, forcing myself through writer's block tends to turn out really crappy writing. I mostly use this talent for role-playing now, because when I get stuck, other people are there to advance a story, and I don't lose my steam.
    [insert funny quote/saying/etc.]

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Cenomite View Post
    Input is also welcome from people who think that this type of writing comes naturally to them and are NOT Ne users.
    You may be on to something, especially with the idea of imagery/symbolism/literary concepts. Ne is my 2nd to last function, and I'm absolutely retarded when it comes to these literary concepts. I use good english, but I'm not what you call is a good writer. I've been told I don't even write enough. English was my worst subject too.

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm a decent writer - above average. But I feel like I have the capability to become a good writer, and I think other Ne users probably have an advantage as well.
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

MBTI
    INTP

i love the process of writing non-fiction -- from forming a thesis, doing the research, winnowing down the data to the essential points, writing, re-writing, etc.

it's a fun and rewarding process.

fiction, on the other hand, i don't do very well.
    I'm feeling rough, I'm feeling raw, I'm in the prime of my life.

MBTI
    ENFP

But still, INJ's connect concepts to inner information, such as a working "phrase" more than just a simple metaphor, I think. They are very good at recognizing and emphasizing irony as well.

Concerning my signature, Nietzsche (INTJ) says in "The Genealogy of Morals" something along the lines of "Dante was thinking ahead of his time when he imagined a sign above the gate to hell reading "Me Too Created Eternal Love," but it would be more accurate to post a sign above heaven that reads "Me Too Created Eternal Hate," provided the truth is allowed to stand above a lie!"

I have found no substitute for INTJ writers.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    You may be on to something, especially with the idea of imagery/symbolism/literary concepts. Ne is my 2nd to last function, and I'm absolutely retarded when it comes to these literary concepts. I use good english, but I wouldn't say what you call is a good writer. I've been told I don't even write enough. English was my worst subject too.
    You mean you use well English.