User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 64

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Question Des francophones... Salut!

    Qui est français(e)/francophone ici?

    Je me demande... Y a-t-il beaucoup de francophones qui se cachent?

  2. #2
    deleted
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    Je me cache parce que je ne veux pas être chatouillé!

  3. #3
    I'm a star. Kangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    I live in Montreal but can only speak the most basic, mangled French. Of course, this is entirely the fault of bilingual French people speaking English to me. Yes. It's all the fault of French people. Not my fault.

    Signed, A. Squarehead

    EDIT: J'habite en Montreal. Je ne parle pas Francais. Parce que le Francophones parle a moi en Anglais. Les Francophones est tres, tres mauvais. Vive les Anglais!!!

    Told you I sucked.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

    "please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    Je me cache parce que je ne veux pas être chatouillé!
    Mais tu devrais savoir qu'il n'est pas possible de l'éviter!

    *dit pendant que je cherche ma plume*

  5. #5
    Once Was Synarch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    8,470

    Default

    Voulez vous me donner l'argent maintenant?
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

  6. #6
    Don't Judge Me! Haphazard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Posts
    6,707

    Default

    *traîne*
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    I live in Montreal but can only speak the most basic, mangled French. Of course, this is entirely the fault of bilingual French people speaking English to me. Yes. It's all the fault of French people. Not my fault.

    Signed, A. Squarehead

    EDIT: J'habite en Montreal. Je ne parle pas Francais. Parce que le Francophones parle a moi en Anglais. Les Francophones est tres, tres mauvais. Vive les Anglais!!!

    Told you I sucked.
    Hehe... that was pretty good! C'était assez bon!
    Last edited by maliafee; 04-10-2009 at 12:23 PM.

  8. #8
    I'm a star. Kangirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Posts
    1,470

    Default

    Heh heh. I think it's best for all French speakers to imagine me as a toddler just learning to speak. I can do short, simple sentences. Sometimes they'll be screwed up but you should be able to get my gist. Maybe.

    Where'd you learn French, Maliafee, btw? My post was jokey but Montreal isn't a great place for someone unilingual wanting to learn another language through immersion. Everybody is at least bilingual here, and most under 40's-ish are trilingual (they'll speak their parent's language, French through the school system and English just through it being such a widely spoken general language/pop culture etc.).

    I probably need to move out to the sticks for real immersion.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

    "please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Voulez vous me donner l'argent maintenant?
    Bien sûr! Synarch, pourquoi tu ne m'a pas demandé avant ce soir?

    OK! À 23h, va à la garre près de chez toi. Attends à côté de la troisième porte, devant un oiseau bleu. Ton argent, il va arriver!



  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,128

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Heh heh. I think it's best for all French speakers to imagine me as a toddler just learning to speak. I can do short, simple sentences. Sometimes they'll be screwed up but you should be able to get my gist. Maybe.

    Where'd you learn French, Maliafee, btw? My post was jokey but Montreal isn't a great place for someone unilingual wanting to learn another language through immersion. Everybody is at least bilingual here, and most under 40's-ish are trilingual (they'll speak their parent's language, French through the school system and English just through it being such a widely spoken general language/pop culture etc.).

    I probably need to move out to the sticks for real immersion.
    I took a little my first year of high school, and another year in community college. I went to France for a month in 2001. Then I worked for three months doing French telesales for Apple Computer in 2005. I want to major in French, now. I just love language, so I used to study obsessively.

Similar Threads

  1. Robert De Niro's type
    By Economica in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 04-17-2015, 11:00 PM
  2. salutations!
    By helen in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-22-2007, 10:22 PM
  3. Greetings and Salutations!
    By Razorcut in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-24-2007, 07:36 AM
  4. Greetings And Salutations
    By EffEmDoubleyou in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-11-2007, 03:15 AM
  5. Salut
    By hereandnow in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 04-26-2007, 05:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO