User Tag List

First 178228268276277278279280288328378 Last

Results 2,771 to 2,780 of 4247

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Salt n' pepper View Post
    EDIT 2: I'm also mad because I had no say in ending this. I think it's unfair. We were two in this relationship and he just, left me alone. I think I think, he's rather selfish. I feel fooled! He could have realized his feelings earlier, and told me to go! I've fucking grown to think of this man as my other half. Can't believe he did that to me when I was honest with him from the get go.

Yeah.. this is best in the long haul. I know.
    He's just being realistic.
    You're not. Plus, he's hurting more than you are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Le Fay View Post
    He's just being realistic.
    You're not. Plus, he's hurting more than you are.
    I know. He did the only right thing. I'm just hurting, (too).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Dear member
    this too shall pass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Epiphany

I did make it clear for him, from day one, when I could sense he was developing romantic feelings for me that I did not want to be in a romantic relationship with him.
    EDIT 2: I'm also mad because I had no say in ending this. I think it's unfair. We were two in this relationship and he just, left me alone. I think I think, he's rather selfish. I feel fooled! He could have realized his feelings earlier, and told me to go! I've fucking grown to think of this man as my other half. Can't believe he did that to me when I was honest with him from the get go.
    Maybe he thought you would change your mind as your relationship grew and his feelings for you developed.

You seemed to be content in the relationship, but obviously there was a void that wasn't fulfilling him. I'm sure if he could have tamed his feelings and simply regarded you platonically, he would have. It sounds like you wanted him to ignore his feelings or get over them (which is easier said than done if you spend a lot of time together.) Ultimately, this is the best decision for both of you. You said that you are mad because you had no say in ending it, but what would you have said that could've changed the circumstances?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Mask Manifest View Post
    You said that you are mad because you had no say in ending it, but what would you have said that could've changed the circumstances?
    I think I express that wrong. I'm sure I could have said tons of things, to make him stay. I think I could convince him to keep going. But that wouldn't be right, at all. So I didn't. I let him go. I knew he was hurting as long as he had feelings for me. And I want the best for him, so I didn't say anything to try to change his mind. And I think that's what I mean. My own head conflicting with my heart. Wanting to say things, but knew I shouldn't. So didn't. So basically mad at myself, then.

And yes, you're pretty spot on with everything else you said in your post. Thanks for letting me vent.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Dear ENTJ member,

I'm sorry to hear things happened between you and your friend the way they did. It makes me really sad to hear that, not just because of the thought of a really strong friendship ending like that but because I know this guy meant a lot to you. I do admire your strength and the attitude you've taken. You seem to be handling this a heck of a lot better than I would have if I were in your shoes. Hopefully it will work out for the best but...still...that doesn't make it hurt any less

I have been in his sitution before and I am currently in a very similar situation now. The difference I suppose is that I know how many friendships I've ruined and how guilty I've made the women in question feel. It's something I regret to this day. Presently, I have incredibly strong feelings for a woman but I decided a while back ago that I wouldn't force the issue: She made it clear to me that she just wanted to be friends and that's all I plan to be. Your story only reaffirmed for me that I made the right decision.

I'm sorry you're hurting. As others have said, this too will pass, and women like you don't let things like this keep them down for too long. You're entirely too strong for that. You'll be ok
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

Dear member,

Are you using Babelfish?

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Dear member,

Are you using Babelfish?