First 170220260268269270271272280320370 Last

Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 4247

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Dear member,

I've no idea how you happened upon the forum and you mainly hang out in the bonfire, unbeknownst to yourself your posts are another highlight of the forum for me and I really appreciate your humour and optimism. Cheers.

Ginkgo

Dear member,

I will be waiting.

The scruffy gyroscopic strudel master is infringing upon the Dusledorf shrinky dink. Refrain from any further sizzle bombers or your bombardiering barnacles will figment phalanges. Staples sap the mildew and froth the mighty macaroni of bubbling blisters. Dingleberry will guide you to the sternum of the centrifugal mandala, where our Turkey Lord Gobblefeign will drizzle the toast with gizzards galore. However, if you find yourself in the kibbles of the astronomical kindle flight, breathe slowly and surely, or the pins and pricks will penetrate your slivery chivalry. I hope all bodes will for your galloping gardener, but the shriveling of the cottonwood will degrade his bow, leaving him open to ambush from the Road Warriors. Deploy traps and trinkets of the most pungent voodoo, for this will attract the attack of fierce toe nail clippers.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Dear member,

DON'T FORGET!

facettes de la petite mor Words of Ivory's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Dear Silently Honest (might as well be open about that. =P )

That is single-handedly the greatest avatar I have ever seen in my entire life. And I've been on the internet for almost 10 years, so I've seen a few in my time.

Dear other members,

Does it make me a bit egotistical that I secretly hope that some of your statuses in this thread are directed towards me? It does? Oh wall, it's still true!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Life calls out the meaning of pure jubilance,
    if you'll only take the time to hear it."
    ~ Words of Ivory ~

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Dear member,

Thanks!

The money is in your paypal account.

MBTI
    INFJ

Dear Members,
    I hope your Friday is going well.
    Xoxo,
    Sailboat.
    Pick up your crazy heart and give it one more try.

MBTI
    INxP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Dear members,

I get caught up in RL for a couple of days, and this thread turns into a warzone with my gf involved. What the heck!? Is it really that hard to just ignore each other in the open forums (or take it to PM if it starts turnin' into a flame war) if there's somebody you don't like?

This is a fun thread folks, lets try not to get it locked again.

Dear members who've mentioned the flirting thing,
    The polite thing to do would be to pull someone off to the side (PM would be the online equivalent) and let them know that its making people uncomfortable or you think they should tone it down. Its hard to tell the difference between a gentle warning, a little sarcastic ribbing, or outright disdain online. We're kinda lacking the delivery device of vocal inflection here and I think that's something we take for granted.

Its easy to tell that the flirting comments were directed at a particular member and, by extension, myself. A little private heads up would've been nice if somebody really had a problem with it. Whether the warnings would've been heeded or ignored would've been dependent of several factors, including delivery.

Dear Typology Central,
    This is a great place to hang out. Its really not that much different than real life. Harder actually, since we're lacking the use of vocal inflection, facial expression, and body language that are so vital to human communication.

This is how I see it. This is the bar we're all hangin' out with a great atmosphere. There's groups of people talking in one big room. If you overhear a conversation and there's something you don't like, you don't have to get involved. I mean, you can if you want, only the Mods (bouncers) could stop you. Just remember its the equivalent of walking up to a group of people talking and busting into the conversation.

Now...

Dear Members,
    We're sittin' at the bar. Everybody have a damn drink and lets sing some effin' Kumbaya. BARKEEP! A Jack & Coke, please. Thank You. ....Where's my ukulele?
    "People in glass houses shouldn't use Windex when living near bird sanctuaries."- myself

"We are never alone my friend. We are constantly in the company of victories, losses, strengths and weaknesses. Make no mistake, life is war...and war is hell. Those who fight the hardest will suffer the most...but that's what you have to do: Fight. As long as you're feeling pain, then there's hope...because only the dead do not suffer." -RD Metcalf
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ginkgo

Dear member,

Does the 'G' stand for God, or does it stand for 'Gnosis"? Answer me damnit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix_400 View Post
    Dear members who've mentioned the flirting thing,
    The polite thing to do would be to pull someone off to the side (PM would be the online equivalent) and let them know that its making people uncomfortable or you think they should tone it down. Its hard to tell the difference between a gentle warning, a little sarcastic ribbing, or outright disdain online. We're kinda lacking the delivery device of vocal inflection here and I think that's something we take for granted.

Its easy to tell that the flirting comments were directed at a particular member and, by extension, myself. A little private heads up would've been nice if somebody really had a problem with it. Whether the warnings would've been heeded or ignored would've been dependent of several factors, including delivery.
    But I would venture to say that the bolded is exactly why the people who are upset are in fact upset. This is a thread generally intended for anonymous one-off nonsequiturs, and isn't really the kind of thread for conversation, especially private conversation played out in public.

This is how I see it. This is the bar we're all hangin' out with a great atmosphere. There's groups of people talking in one big room. If you overhear a conversation and there's something you don't like, you don't have to get involved. I mean, you can if you want, only the Mods (bouncers) could stop you. Just remember its the equivalent of walking up to a group of people talking and busting into the conversation.
    I don't think those objecting really see it that way, especially when a thread derails. It's more like having someone interrupt you while you're reading in a coffeehouse to tell you about Jesus or ask you for a donation. You can't tune it out like you can a voice in a crowded room.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    Mine
    Enneagram
    1w9

Dear member,

That was very well said.

Dear members,

Though your criticisms may have had some legitimacy, the legitimacy was nullified by the way you chose to deliver them. This isn't a school playground, and taunting and mocking someone for standing out does not, I can assure you, make you appear any more mature than the person who is being mocked even IF they were being immature to start with. It additionally makes the comparison with playground bullying a natural one.

Dear member,

Please try not to take it too personally. Some people could do with looking harder at the source of their frustrations in themselves, instead of looking to take them out on others.

Dear member(s),

This is why I started the flirting thread to try to contain this kind of thing when it seemed to be getting out of hand a while ago. Maybe it needs to get some more use, it's gone quiet again lately, and perhaps a lot of it has come back here. I would additionally refer you back to my second comment above, and perhaps the third. I also think this thread could do with being a bit more on topic, but there are various ways to go about it, some better than others.
    Look into my avatar. Look deep into my avatar...