Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    (If it takes so much courage to commit suicide, why not keep living instead? Gah.. I'll just go to sleep.. :P)
    "Why not just keep living instead" is a motivating factor for suicide. How do you know it takes so much courage?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Well, respect for that then. I'm not sure I would be able to hang in that long. There would really need to be something special and untouchable about the relationship for it to last that long for me if the views are not compatible.
    Who said the views are automatically incompatible? If anything, my idiosyncrasies and quirks align with her expectations of behavior, and that's why I think it works so well. I'm pretty tidy and phobic of excess mess that can impede my ability to be comfortable when it comes to my living space. Inefficiency and impracticality drives me insane, I cannot stand something not performing a task to my satisfaction. Doing things not in the optimal way irritates me too, however those tendencies emerge from a different "core" than hers do. We still argue as to the optimal way to do things. My way I think is logically better, her way is tried and true.

But I think that's why it works more than it theoretically should. Or at least that's what I tell myself.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Who said the views are automatically incompatible? If anything, my idiosyncrasies and quirks align with her expectations of behavior, and that's why I think it works so well. I'm pretty tidy and phobic of excess mess that can impede my ability to be comfortable when it comes to my living space. Inefficiency and impracticality drives me insane, I cannot stand something not performing a task to my satisfaction. Doing things not in the optimal way irritates me too, however those tendencies emerge from "core" than hers do. We still argue as to the optimal way to do things. My way I think is logically better, her way is tried and true.

But I think that's why it works more than it theoretically should. Or at least that's what I tell myself.
    That's what i was doin wrong. I wish she would've told me. I prefer utility oriented. She did empliment some pretty good ideas.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    "Why not just keep living instead" is a motivating factor for suicide. How do you know it takes so much courage?
    My appologies for the ambiguity in this post. My regards for fluffys loss. What were her preferences?

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

What were her preferences?
    I wish I knew, but she obviously left me in the dark until it was all done and over. She never stated her reasons, and no one knew her reasons. It all came as a complete shock to everyone around her.

Unless you meant something else?

Anyhow, my apologies. Been a while since I touched this topic. Just felt like coming out again. I suppose knowing that there's a lot of smart people here I might have subconsciously hoped for answers still in the heat of the moment. *shrug*

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

ESxJ, INxP and occasionally xSTP. Probably in that order.

For some reason most xNxJs are really fascinating to me.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by maliafee View Post
    WOW.

This has to be one of the most ignorant posts and I found it kind of offensive.

People who attempt suicide are largely NOT comforted by hearing that other people have it worse, because their personal pain is so bad they feel they need to end it. Many people who attempt suicide have thinner emotional pain "skins" or lower thresholds for psychological pain and are simply looking for a way out.

It is difficult to assess whether a suicide attempt is a cry for help or not, since the majority of those who attempt suicide once do it multiple times and often really do end up ending their lives in this manner.

To say that suicide attempts are shallow cries for attention is to severely misunderstand this phenomenon.

Many people who attempt suicide have BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) which makes them feel emotions in the extreme of how other people feel them, in addition to these people having almost no emotional foresight, no way to "think" themselves out of a deep depression by realizing that someday their pain will lessen. The pain is so bad, so present, that it feels like they will be tortured by it FOREVER. Thus the suicide attempt (or actual suicide).

To add, people who try to kill themselves even without having a personality disorder just want their pain to be gone. Psychologically this is their brain's best option for them at the time (not that it really IS a best option in reality).
    You have no clue about me or how I came to this conclusion, so before you call me ignorant know I have attempted suicide and I regret it now. and sorry I'm not a bleeding heart but it's just my brother was suicidal when I was 10-12, my best friend tried to hang herself in highschool, my uncle's bipolar, and my room mate tried to overdose last semester. So think before you reply. I'm sorry but I've learned to find the small things in life enjoyable and not worry too much about the immediate future/present I know things will get better and if they don't oh well, at least I didn't pussy out. And my room mate's an attention whore, it's harsh but true, she took the pills, a week before her 21st birthday she was making straight A's three guys wanted her she had a ton of gifts on her dresser, her mom was renting her a limo, and taking us all out to a $100 a plate dinner, and she was getting her dog. I'm sorry but why fuck that up the week before I don't see it. I don't see what she thought was so terrible about her life.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    You have no clue about me or how I came to this conclusion, so before you call me ignorant know I have attempted suicide and I regret it now. and sorry I'm not a bleeding heart but it's just my brother was suicidal when I was 10-12, my best friend tried to hang herself in highschool, my uncle's bipolar, and my room mate tried to overdose last semester. So think before you reply. I'm sorry but I've learned to find the small things in life enjoyable and not worry too much about the immediate future/present I know things will get better and if they don't oh well, at least I didn't pussy out. And my room mate's an attention whore, it's harsh but true, she took the pills, a week before her 21st birthday she was making straight A's three guys wanted her she had a ton of gifts on her dresser, her mom was renting her a limo, and taking us all out to a $100 a plate dinner, and she was getting her dog. I'm sorry but why fuck that up the week before I don't see it. I don't see what she thought was so terrible about her life.
    I don't have a clue about you, but to tell me to "think before I reply"... I attempted suicide as well.

So I mean, we both have our legitimate points of view, and it's fair for me to say it's offensive to call it just cowardly.

I have known three people close to me commit suicide, as well, besides my own attempt, along with the attempt of two other family members (this is apart from the actual suicides).

Still, I'm sorry if I offended you.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I have disastrous relationships with ESTJs. They are more closeminded than a rock and easygoing like a turd stuck up one's ass.
    Bwaaaahhhh! My Dad is ESTJ, and a friend of mine too, I know exactly what you mean! Hilarious!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Are you calling Jihad freedom fighters cowardly and stupid?
    Yes, they are ignorant fucking idiots. How about that? Kill yourself and others in the name of Allah, and then mate with virgins on green carpets forever - boy that sounds like paradise. Eat shit and live if that's your cup of tea.