User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Suicide is one of the hardest concepts for me to deal with. I can not relate to any reason to suicide and I have terrible terrible experiences dealing with suicides in my life.

The concept has been on my mind for years, one could almost say constantly on my mind. Trying to understand, or rather said, trying to justify. I've thought about it so much, but have only been able to get to one conclusive answer.

My one and only opinion about it now. Is that it's cowardly and stupid. And I doubt that will ever change.
    Cowardly and stupid doesn't mean shit when you're hurting and you can see no way out.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Yeah, now try to say that again when the person you love suddenly kills herself, but leaves a note saying that she wanted to years ago already, but you were the reason she could hold on for as long as she did.

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah, now try to say that again when the person you love suddenly kills herself, but leaves a note saying that she wanted to years ago already, but you were the reason she could hold on for as long as she did.
    I'd say that was a shitty last thing to tell you.

(I'm sorry for your loss, by the way.)

Suicide is one of the hardest concepts for me to deal with. I can not relate to any reason to suicide and I have terrible terrible experiences dealing with suicides in my life.

The concept has been on my mind for years, one could almost say constantly on my mind. Trying to understand, or rather said, trying to justify. I've thought about it so much, but have only been able to get to one conclusive answer.

My one and only opinion about it now. Is that it's cowardly and stupid. And I doubt that will ever change.
    I guess since your brain doesn't push you to wanting to choose that kind of way out, you must be superior to those of us whose brains do go in that direction. :rolleyes2:

Now, I understand the pain people experience when others close to them commit suicide (my best friend's sister (my friend too) shot herself, my uncle shot himself, and my ex's older brother hung himself), but that doesn't invalidate a suicidal person's feelings or pain or inner need to DO something about that terrible pain.

Perhaps you have never felt such torturous pain as to want to die?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Very, had me shook up for a very long time. I've worked my way out of it now, it's already been 8 years ago. But the more I tried to justify it, and I really wanted to justify it, the worse it got. Until I just decided on how I feel towards it now.

Worst for me of it all was that I knew she was struggling with something. But I couldn't figure out way. But I've learned that dwelling in the past is another one of those things that's just making the situation worse. So I hold the memory and just look forward instead.

Either way, no pain is unbearable in my mind. And suicide, whatever way you look at it, can't ever be the right way to go. Not in any situation. Not for me.

Maliafee: Oh, I've known pain, I've known complete and utter despair. And I admit that I tried to hide in many ways that can be considered wrong. Like getting drunk. But suicide. Never ever.

Fluffywolf, sorry I didn't know about what happened to you regarding the person you loved committing suicide. I apologize if I came off too harshly. I sincerely am sorry that that happened to you.

But as a person who has attempted suicide, I still have to stand up for people who go that route because we have to sympathize with them; why would they kill themselves unless they hurt THAT BAD? They don't see any other way out.

Cowardly and stupid is not a fair assessment of why someone is suicidal, in my opinion.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster View Post

Give me an ENFJ anytime. They're really just little woodland creatures inside. *pats*
    I love spaghetti monsters. With their sexy giant meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I got issues with brunettes, it always ends up in them throwing things after me. Blondes I do fine though
    How about a yellow strappy stiletto boot?

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    It's best to leave the door of your mind half open so ideas can enter and stand behind it with a baseball bat in case some stupid idea tries to get in.
    Well-said, sir. Well-said.

And as to the suicide talk, please, everyone, be advised that truly suicidal people are suffering a breakdown and should not be judged. Drama queens/kings are NOT suicide queens/kings.

Feeling nothing at all is a terrifying sensation. Johnny Rotten said, after the death of Kurt Cobain, that suicide was a lamentable waste of life, i.e. not a personal failure. He said that if you feel desperate (like Sid was...), then you must tell someone, and keep knocking on doors until someone listens and helps you, but to never give up fighting for yourself. That advice saved my life.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Are you calling Jihad freedom fighters cowardly and stupid?
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

No worries, I don't talk about it much because I get in this complete serious-mode when I do. But I didn't see it as personal. I just have a very strong view on suicide.

And as for people attempting suicide, they are clearly not seeing what I am seeing then. No way out? I don't know what that is, honestly. And I have thought about this longer then any other subject. Life ends sometime, until it ends we experience. What we experience shapes us, makes us wiser and stronger. Good things, but also bad things. Why would anyone not able to see that, not able to just keep going. I'd keep going forever if it was up to me. Death is not a viable option.

Anyhow, I'll retract myself from this discussion. I know I'm not the best councillor when it comes to this. :P

edit: Goodstain, yes. They believe their life gets better in the afterlife. Nothing couragious or wise about it.

MBTI
    ENTP

I've learned a few things myself.

1. The past is dead and you can't remember it accurately anyway. It's laced with subjective and undependable meaning. So, to change the past, change its meaning. Or, simply move forward.
    2. Accept and truly feel the pain of experiences and you can move past it.
    3. Some things have NO ANSWERS. Answers are a trap. A form of control.
    4. You cannot keep people from hurting themselves. You cannot save someone who would not be saved.