First 45678 Last

MBTI
    IXXP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Thanks, ya'll.

MBTI
    yupp

people who try to kill themselves for attention, and yet get tons of attention already. Come on! everyone feels ignored at times, so don't be all emo about it and attempt suicide cuz their's far worse problems in the world then yours, I don't care how bad you think you have it more then likely someone in the world is worse off then you, doesn't matter who you are but if you can afford to live and have friends and family then quit bitching , and realize that your life is fine.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

Quote Originally Posted by aguanile View Post
    Purely for arguments sake.

Isn't it closed-minded to be intolerant of "closed-minded" people?

What does closed-minded mean anyway? Strongly held values differing from your own?
    I know right.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    It's best to leave the door of your mind half open so ideas can enter and stand behind it with a baseball bat in case some stupid idea tries to get in.
    I rather like that.
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    people who try to kill themselves for attention, and yet get tons of attention already. Come on! everyone feels ignored at times, so don't be all emo about it and attempt suicide cuz their's far worse problems in the world then yours, I don't care how bad you think you have it more then likely someone in the world is worse off then you, doesn't matter who you are but if you can afford to live and have friends and family then quit bitching , and realize that your life is fine.
    Oh yes.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    But you haven't yet...
    Not yet, but I'm on to him.

MBTI
    INFP

I don't have any specific type I hate..I don't even know that many people.
    Here are some traits I don't do too well with:
    - cruel (belittling, unnecessarily critical, finding it "fun" to harm people or break their self-esteem.)
    - too secretive (Look, I love discovering secrets but it really makes getting to know people harder...)
    - negativity(=> always depressed, self-deprecating to an unhealthy level. No matter how much support you give them they are never satisfied, happy or content. Basically you have the "leeching" type or the "attacker" type who literally wants you to feel as shitty as they do.)
    - overly insensitive (they just annoy me after a while)
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by aguanile View Post
    Purely for arguments sake.

Isn't it closed-minded to be intolerant of "closed-minded" people?

What does closed-minded mean anyway? Strongly held values differing from your own?

(for what it's worth...I consider myself to be a very open person)
    Actually, true but you're opening your door to a world of potential pain that way! I'd personally consider too much open-ness to be a masochistic trait.

There's a certain balance, to be able to let the right into your life and keep the bad at bay. *nod*

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    WOW.

This has to be one of the most ignorant posts and I found it kind of offensive.

People who attempt suicide are largely NOT comforted by hearing that other people have it worse, because their personal pain is so bad they feel they need to end it. Many people who attempt suicide have thinner emotional pain "skins" or lower thresholds for psychological pain and are simply looking for a way out.

It is difficult to assess whether a suicide attempt is a cry for help or not, since the majority of those who attempt suicide once do it multiple times and often really do end up ending their lives in this manner.

To say that suicide attempts are shallow cries for attention is to severely misunderstand this phenomenon.

Many people who attempt suicide have BPD (Borderline Personality Disorder) which makes them feel emotions in the extreme of how other people feel them, in addition to these people having almost no emotional foresight, no way to "think" themselves out of a deep depression by realizing that someday their pain will lessen. The pain is so bad, so present, that it feels like they will be tortured by it FOREVER. Thus the suicide attempt (or actual suicide).

To add, people who try to kill themselves even without having a personality disorder just want their pain to be gone. Psychologically this is their brain's best option for them at the time (not that it really IS a best option in reality).

MBTI
    ENTP

IME. Every time I have felt like killing myself (maybe twice seriously), it wasn't from feeling sad or wanting attention, it was from not feeling anything and wanting problems and pain to go away. It was not giving a shit.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Suicide is one of the hardest concepts for me to deal with. I can not relate to any reason to suicide and I have terrible terrible experiences dealing with suicides in my life.

The concept has been on my mind for years, one could almost say constantly on my mind. Trying to understand, or rather said, trying to justify. I've thought about it so much, but have only been able to get to one conclusive answer.

My one and only opinion about it now. Is that it's cowardly and stupid. And I doubt that will ever change.