User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    I'd say that was a shitty last thing to tell you.

(I'm sorry for your loss, by the way.)
    +1

Suicide is essentially a selfish act, because it ends that person's suffering in this life, but creates incredible suffering in those who are left behind.

God tells us that we should always have hope, no matter how difficult life is.

Quote Originally Posted by Intricate Mystic View Post
    +1

Suicide is essentially a selfish act, because it ends that person's suffering in this life, but creates incredible suffering in those who are left behind.

God tells us that we should always have hope, no matter how difficult life is.
    lol

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

There are few acts in life that are not selfish.

Suicide is a decision, a strategic one, like any other decision a person makes in their life. Weighing costs and benefits of living versus dying. When the costs of living outweigh the benefits, then death appears as a strategic choice.

Whatever normative value we attach to the act is a selfish act too, from our own perspective, given our own rationale. Whether we consider it right or wrong, whether selfish or unselfish, brave or cowardly reflects our own selfish hierarchy of values and how we were affected by the act - being the one taking the action or the one affected by it, being left to deal with the tragedy in its wake.

It is a decision, it is a personal decision, it is a tragic decision (one that could have been avoided). It is often related to mental health and of course, we would suggest that someone get the requisite help so that they are able to see other options and the benefits attached to living as outweighing its costs. Ultimately though, a person chooses to get help and whether to make use of that help. Even if they are forced to get it, they choose to accept it or not, take away the lessons being given. I find it difficult to attach judgment to the act itself or the person making the decision.

Oh, and on topic -- there is no set type for problems. Its the people and their past experiences that get in the way. I do generally have a more difficult time getting to know sensors, not all but most. It takes some stepping out of my comfort zone and seems less natural. It's always worth it and I have several in my life I love dearly - it just requires more effort and some head tilting conversations.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx
    Socionics
    IEI

...anyone can get along..some interactions just take more effort.
    i find it most difficult to relate to STJs and ESTPs, though i haven't had extensive experience. i want to make more SP and SJ friends, but some of them seem to be downright be afraid of me!

MBTI
    ENTP

ESFPs are the bane of my existence.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

IRL I have a great deal of trouble getting along with ESTJs beyond casual contact. On-line I seem to have more problems with ENTJs.

Dali

(Mutual) Love/hate relationship with ExTPs and ExFJs.

MBTI
    LoLz

ExFJs are just so confusing to me. The criteria on which they decide things is just so....weird. I don't understand how they make decisions.

I can easily step on an IxFP. It's mostly the types that have dominant processes that directly interfere with Extraverted Thinking. Extraverted Feeling and Introverted Feeling dominants first get offended by my demeanor. Next is IxTPs because they don't understand why I don't respect an idea in itself in terms of ever changing, and instead try to put it into a predictable system.

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I can easily step on an IxFP.
    What do you mean by step on an I*FP?

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    What do you mean by step on an I*FP?
    Treating people as human beings isn't my first priority. I see other people as something to adjust to or accommodate to accomplish a goal. Fi dominants are first to point out my lack of regard for people's individual needs.