User Tag List

First 5678 Last

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

JAVO - I meant to say thanks for mentioning the priming of the filter! That's a necessary step in an oil change!

Quote Originally Posted by bluemonday View Post
    We have those. But there's still too many to choose from! I'm a P, dammit!
    I know! It's like trying to pick between two equally awesome pairs of hot shoes. I get it. You should see me at a car show. I'm pointing and shouting 'I want that!' ad nauseum.

Ok, let's narrow it down... your preferences for:

1. Fuel economy - how much will you budget for petrol?

2. Breakdown repairs - how much are you willing to spend on repairs? Some manufacturers cost more to fix than others, like Chevy vs Ford. Ford will always be more pricey to fix, but Mopar will be pricier still.

3. Insurance costs - how much are you willing to pay for insurance? Some cars with higher safety ratings will be much cheaper to insure.

4. Size - Does it really have to have that extra bathroom? Really?

It has to be green, and fun, that's all I know.
    Werd! Green is the new black. Or something.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    I know! It's like trying to pick between two equally awesome pairs of hot shoes. I get it. You should see me at a car show. I'm pointing and shouting 'I want that!' ad nauseum.
    Shoes don't really do it for me - I'm INTP
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Ok, let's narrow it down... your preferences for:

1. Fuel economy - how much will you budget for petrol?

2. Breakdown repairs - how much are you willing to spend on repairs? Some manufacturers cost more to fix than others, like Chevy vs Ford. Ford will always be more pricey to fix, but Mopar will be pricier still.

3. Insurance costs - how much are you willing to pay for insurance? Some cars with higher safety ratings will be much cheaper to insure.

4. Size - Does it really have to have that extra bathroom? Really?
    Oh my! That sounds like a lot of work! All that planning and budgeting....I usually just buy something on a whim. I was thinking Japanese or German.
    It can have a short wheel-base (only me and my junk to cart around) but I like good clearance and lots of torque + 4wd (you never know when you might want to toe a tree).
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Oh my! That sounds like a lot of work! All that planning and budgeting....I usually just buy something on a whim. I was thinking Japanese or German.
    It can have a short wheel-base (only me and my junk to cart around) but I like good clearance and lots of torque + 4wd (you never know when you might want to toe a tree).
    That's essentially what I did. Found a black Audi, drove it for 5 minutes, and said "I'll put down a deposit!"

Researched it afterwards, though.

Scream down the boulevard LadyJaye's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Your brains will be eaten one way or another, whether it's the zombies or the intake manifold sucking it out of your orifices
    Nothing like opening those dual carburetors up.

Quote Originally Posted by TwinkleToes View Post
    Just when I thought this thread could not get any sexier. Spirillis goes and cranks up the heat.
    <---- (pretend it's a zombie about to eat your brains... or just think of me *nom nom nom*)
    Hey, I won't have you disparaging on the Scarecrow. He was hott.

And since this thread is such a success, I'll now be taking applications for the betrothal of Pink. I'm not interested in personal character really. Just sacks and sacks of pesos.

MBTI
    ISTP

Oh my! That sounds like a lot of work! All that planning and budgeting....I usually just buy something on a whim. I was thinking Japanese or German. It can have a short wheel-base (only me and my junk to cart around) but I like good clearance and lots of torque + 4wd (you never know when you might want to toe a tree).
    What you've just defined...is basically a Jeep Wrangler. (Probably not what you actually want, but in hardtop, the new ones aren't half bad for normal use...)

Current model if you want more comfort/practicality, but still probably the most useful off-road vehicle in existance, except for an older Jeep...

YJ (1987-1995) if you don't care about the back seat being able to hold people comfortably or about road noise. This is close to the ultimate off-road vehicle. (minor modifications, and it is.). Hell, if you're bored...go find an empty parking lot, and start punting shopping carts. (*cough* I might have done this.) The front bumper is a solid piece of steel u-channel, it's pretty much impossible to dent or damage.
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

This is my application for the love and machine genius of Ms Pink. It's a cake too!!
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    YJ (1987-1995) if you don't care about the back seat being able to hold people comfortably or about road noise. This is close to the ultimate off-road vehicle. (minor modifications, and it is.). Hell, if you're bored...go find an empty parking lot, and start punting shopping carts. (*cough* I might have done this.) The front bumper is a solid piece of steel u-channel, it's pretty much impossible to dent or damage.
    Oh my. I drove a YJ for years and loved it. Best off-roading vehicle I have played with yet. Hated it in the winter though, and twisty highway driving.
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Silentium View Post
    The motorcycle course had primarily cruiser-style bikes, with a few dual-purpose ones almost akin to a dirt bike. The thing is, if you want to figure out what kind of bike you want to ride, the class probably isn't where you'd really properly find out. You learn the basics of maneuvers required for safe riding - among other things - and riding is similar to driving in one respect (I personally think): if you are a competent driver/rider, it is simply a matter of adjusting to the specific car/bike ye're riding, rather than bikes having vastly different required skill sets to operate. Same basic tools, but different engine size and maneuvering ability, etc.

It's also quite possible that you already know this, so to actually answer your query: I was on a Honda 250cc something or other cruiser style. It looked "purdy" and was a stable enough ride.

As for figuring out what kind you want to buy - what do you want to do with your bike? Ride fast on the weekend for fun? Commute? Take trips cross country trips on practically two tanks of gas? Ninjas are fun, reliable, and one of the very best beginner bikes, but your preferred riding style is what's most important, and the class can help you figure that out.

VROOM VROOM.
    Yeah, I only expect the class to teach me the basics so I can get my license. Otherwise, I'm going to spend a lot of time on whatever bike I get just doing handling/braking/goofing around in parking lots/neighborhoods to cement my skills.

If I can get an idea of what will work for me from the class though, that'd be nice.

Ha, the thing is, I have no idea what I want to do with my bike. I want something I can commute on, maybe carry a few groceries (or more), is nimble, handles well, is quick, is comfortable, gets good gas mileage, looks "nice" (as if that means anything objectively) and isn't annoyingly loud.

Basically, I want a bunch of contradictions.

Thanks!
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    What you've just defined...is basically a Jeep Wrangler.
    When is a green car not a green car?

When it's a Jeep!

(I did always secretly want one though...)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    Yeah, I only expect the class to teach me the basics so I can get my license. Otherwise, I'm going to spend a lot of time on whatever bike I get just doing handling/braking/goofing around in parking lots/neighborhoods to cement my skills.

If I can get an idea of what will work for me from the class though, that'd be nice.

Ha, the thing is, I have no idea what I want to do with my bike. I want something I can commute on, maybe carry a few groceries (or more), is nimble, handles well, is quick, is comfortable, gets good gas mileage, looks "nice" (as if that means anything objectively) and isn't annoyingly loud.

Basically, I want a bunch of contradictions.

Thanks!
    That is not all contradictory... the only parts that contradict each other a bit is that you want something nimble and that handles well but still has a lot of storage? =P It'll store plenty of groceries... if you wear a backpack. *hides smile*

But I took my first ride on my motorcycle today! It was fun. I can't wait till I can do it in a fully legal fashion (my non-paper license has not arrived in the mail yet).

In terms of mileage, if you get one of the smaller bikes (i.e. 250cc) the mileage is guaranteed to be fantastic (~65-70 mpg). Even the 600cc+ ones are still good... one really doesn't need more than that to start out with. (Apologies Pink, I know this is slightly off-topic. Just had to share.)

VROOM VROOM.