User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 73

  1. #21
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silentium View Post
    Pink?

    This is semi-related but for a different type of vehicle: I have just tentatively acquired a motorcycle. Do you know how to pick a good mechanic for motorcycles? (Is it the same bit as to word-of-mouth?)
    Good question!

    May I ask what motorcycle you've bought and it's particulars? Its A/S/L et al.

    The upshot to motorcycles are their relatively small size, so working on them yourself in your garage or driveway is a piece of cake usually. However, I find some areas on the bike, like the carbs for instance, may require a steady expert hand, at least while you're learning your way around. My father's talked to me at length about all the things he does to keep his motorcycle fleet in good repair and it sounds like a whole other world from cars sometimes. *laughs*

    Word of mouth will do the trick. What state are you living in? Motorcycle clubs (and even AAA) can help point you in the right direction.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  2. #22
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    lugnut that sounds funny

    I had the worst nightmare today you can humanily possible have. I wanted to change from winter to summer tires and opened the hatch to get to the gear located next to the spare wheel to change tires. And then I saw it.....

    The box out the spare wheel is located in, was to the half full with water. I was totally baffled, because the car is just 1 and a half year old. I got a vacuum cleaner and got rid of the water + immediantly drove to my garage. They told me, they know about the problem and they showed me how it works. He demontaged the left rear light and put water into the opening. After a minute there was slowly just a few drops of water coming out from the inside of the rear hatch, pouring into the box out.

    That so sucks. The mat covering the spare wheel already has got mildew on it and the water has reached beneath the back seats through driving and they are totally wet.

    That so sucks I totally love the car but as it seems I will have to give it away, cause if there is mildew in it and some parts will start rusting the water has also come to that totally sucks.

    I still have quarantee so I will see what the service engineer of my car manufactur will do. Obviously the problem is a missin fiction, which some jackass forgot when the car was built. -.- Gonna see what he says, I hoping the will vacuum dry it and built in a new beack seat. If not they can have it back, those idiots
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  3. #23
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Certainly. And I'll be happy to show you where the cars boobs are.

  4. #24
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    lugnut that sounds funny

    I had the worst nightmare today you can humanily possible have. I wanted to change from winter to summer tires and opened the hatch to get to the gear located next to the spare wheel to change tires. And then I saw it.....

    The box out the spare wheel is located in, was to the half full with water. I was totally baffled, because the car is just 1 and a half year old. I got a vacuum cleaner and got rid of the water + immediantly drove to my garage. They told me, they know about the problem and they showed me how it works. He demontaged the left rear light and put water into the opening. After a minute there was slowly just a few drops of water coming out from the inside of the rear hatch, pouring into the box out.

    That so sucks. The mat covering the spare wheel already has got mildew on it and the water has reached beneath the back seats through driving and they are totally wet.

    That so sucks I totally love the car but as it seems I will have to give it away, cause if there is mildew in it and some parts will start rusting the water has also come to that totally sucks.

    I still have quarantee so I will see what the service engineer of my car manufactur will do. Obviously the problem is a missin fiction, which some jackass forgot when the car was built. -.- Gonna see what he says, I hoping the will vacuum dry it and built in a new beack seat. If not they can have it back, those idiots
    Ugh!! Poor you! That's one of those unavoidable little gremlins!

    What make/model do you drive?

    I know certain cars have their own certain quirks. Like my mother's old 1982 Toyota Corolla. They were hardy and could take abuse and were terrific on gas mileage, but they ALL had this one flaw: the car doors would all rust out on the bottom. No one knew why! So you'd see an 82 Corolla driving around for 200,000 miles looking like total garbage! lol

    My 1968 VW Beetle, after every major rainstorm, I'd have to go out and open the doors to let the water run back out. lol It was because of an inherent flaw in the weather stripping around the windows -- a teeny tiny crack that you'd think would be no trouble at all, but was in fact a big problem. I kept having horrors in my mind of the doors rusting out internally. O.o

    Mildew is bad. I agree. You don't want to be sitting in a mildewy car. That could make you sick.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  5. #25
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Its a Fabia II by skoda . That totally sucks. The engine is VW and its just great but such a mistake in the machining is unbearable
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #26
    Self sustaining supernova Zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Good question!

    May I ask what motorcycle you've bought and it's particulars? Its A/S/L et al.

    The upshot to motorcycles are their relatively small size, so working on them yourself in your garage or driveway is a piece of cake usually. However, I find some areas on the bike, like the carbs for instance, may require a steady expert hand, at least while you're learning your way around. My father's talked to me at length about all the things he does to keep his motorcycle fleet in good repair and it sounds like a whole other world from cars sometimes. *laughs*

    Word of mouth will do the trick. What state are you living in? Motorcycle clubs (and even AAA) can help point you in the right direction.
    I will have a 2003 Kawasaki 250 Ninja - it is my first bike. It has low (I believe) miles on it - 13-14,000, though I'd have to check. It has a minor leak that might be oil or some slight chain fluid (I was told this and don't know what I'm talking about, mind you) and which will be looked at this weekend (I'm going to learn how to not blow the motorcycle up so I don't end up going "Ooo, what is this? Can I take it apart to see what might be wrong with-*FWOOM*"), but is otherwise pretty much in perfect condition.

    Oh, and Oregon.

  7. #27
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    Its a Fabia II by skoda . That totally sucks. The engine is VW and its just great but such a mistake in the machining is unbearable
    Picky picky rocket scientist man.

    (I remember seeing Skodas when I was overseas. What a funny name! There were also Vauxhalls, Triumphs, Peugeots, Ford of Europe, Fiats, etc.)

    This VW-built engine, what is it? Size and style, I mean?


    Quote Originally Posted by Silentium View Post
    I will have a 2003 Kawasaki 250 Ninja - it is my first bike. It has low (I believe) miles on it - 13-14,000, though I'd have to check. It has a minor leak that might be oil or some slight chain fluid (I was told this and don't know what I'm talking about, mind you) and which will be looked at this weekend (I'm going to learn how to not blow the motorcycle up so I don't end up going "Ooo, what is this? Can I take it apart to see what might be wrong with-*FWOOM*"), but is otherwise pretty much in perfect condition.

    Oh, and Oregon.
    Sounds great! I happen to be a big fan of Kawasakis (esp the older Ninjas) -- you should watch "Mad Max" for seriously cool Jap-bike action. It sounds pretty new, so getting it looked at makes sense.

    Do you get a lot of salted roads in Oregon during the winter? Does the bike look like it was ever used in winter? Like rust spots?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

  8. #28
    Self sustaining supernova Zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Posts
    1,065

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Sounds great! I happen to be a big fan of Kawasakis (esp the older Ninjas) -- you should watch "Mad Max" for seriously cool Jap-bike action. It sounds pretty new, so getting it looked at makes sense.

    Do you get a lot of salted roads in Oregon during the winter? Does the bike look like it was ever used in winter? Like rust spots?
    I shall check out Mad Max... I do so love motorcycles. I have since I was in the single digits in terms of age.

    Oh, the person looking at the problem will be the current owner, as I am being given the bike. I will be there to learn some basic maintenance because I want to and it will feel good to know what's going on with my new child. It's never even ridden in the rain and is always garaged, so winter use is a "Not really". This area's roads are almost never salted (it snows in the mountains and we don't really have freezing rain very often), though I know that bloody well kills motorcycles (I had talkative instructors in my motorcycle course ).

    Even though I am being given it by someone I trust implicitly and whatnot, should I get a basic checkup done on it?

  9. #29
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    1.6 liter + turbo , so 100 cubic inches with 105 BHP + 70 Turbo = 175 HP. Its a petrol engine of course and its awesome. You can drive the little car until around 230 kmh which is 150 mph then the electreonical control shuts down the acceleration.

    Pretty awesome car and we are happily married for the 1 1/2 years but THIS today totally sucked -.-.

    Here is a pic of the fabia II model, sportline edition which is mine:



    Skoda is a Czech company, who was known for building shitty cars. But since VW took over they have become great. My family on the father side is from Czech, which was germany back in those days. And we thought it was funny to buy a car of them. Although the price was great. My dad bought an Octavia RS with 275 HP for his company .

    We are yet regreting we dont bought mercedes. My dad already has got two mercedes and one he is converting into an oldtimer and it was built in 2001. Since the financial crisis, even we have to drive Skoda
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  10. #30
    The Black Knight Domino's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni
    Posts
    11,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silentium View Post
    I shall check out Mad Max... I do so love motorcycles. I have since I was in the single digits in terms of age.

    Oh, the person looking at the problem will be the current owner, as I am being given the bike. I will be there to learn some basic maintenance because I want to and it will feel good to know what's going on with my new child. It's never even ridden in the rain and is always garaged, so winter use is a "Not really". This area's roads are almost never salted (it snows in the mountains and we don't really have freezing rain very often), though I know that bloody well kills motorcycles (I had talkative instructors in my motorcycle course ).

    Even though I am being given it by someone I trust implicitly and whatnot, should I get a basic checkup done on it?
    You know, trust is a good thing, but when it comes to a major purchase, anyone should understand that having a check-up done is NOT anti-trust, just old fashioned common sense. It's something like getting a second opinion from another doctor. If it all checks out, then everyone is happy!

    I'm really very pleased that you're taking such an interest in your new bike. Don't forget to consider yourself in the bargain. Are you lined up to take a motorcycle safety course? The defensive techniques can be lifesavers, esp when other drivers may not be looking out for you. A girl friend of mine, as a very recent example, was out with her boyfriend on his Ninja, and they were hit at highway speeds by a Lincoln Towncar. She lived through it because she was wearing a helmet and body armor! Be sure you take care of yourself, okay?

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    1.6 liter + turbo , so 100 cubic inches with 105 BHP + 70 Turbo = 175 HP. Its a petrol engine of course and its awesome.
    Is not gasoline very expensive though? I would have thought for sure that a turbo diesel would be more cost efficient?

    You can drive the little car until around 230 kmh which is 150 mph then the electreonical control shuts down the acceleration.
    Explain this to me! We have no such thing here on passenger cars. Is it something like a governor? I'm going to assume that it sends signals to the computer to cut either fuel or air intake?

    Pretty awesome car and we are happily married for the 1 1/2 years but THIS today totally sucked -.-.

    Here is a pic of the fabia II model, sportline edition which is mine:

    That's adorable!

    Skoda is a Czech company, who was known for building shitty cars. But since VW took over they have become great. My family on the father side is from Czech, which was germany back in those days. And we thought it was funny to buy a car of them. Although the price was great. My dad bought an Octavia RS with 275 HP for his company .
    Ah yes, I've read quite a bit about the Czech Republic (my sister was learning the language though a Czech friend of hers said "Whatever for?!" lol). Germany has had quite an influence there for some time. Are your family members on that side actually Czech or are they Germans who lived in the Republic for some time?

    We are yet regreting we dont bought mercedes. My dad already has got two mercedes and one he is converting into an oldtimer and it was built in 2001. Since the financial crisis, even we have to drive Skoda
    Whoo, well, now... Not just one but TWO Mercedes?? I'll just take one of those money bags from you *lightens your load*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 45
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 11:46 AM
  2. [NF] How Do You Think iNto the Future, NFs?
    By Ginkgo in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 05:39 AM
  3. [NT] How Do You Think iNto the Future, NTs?
    By Ginkgo in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-03-2010, 08:53 AM
  4. [SJ] Do you ever come into the guardhouse and think????
    By Saslou in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 07:30 AM
  5. ESTJ Girl Takes a Dive into the Forum!
    By msliz08 in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-09-2010, 11:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO