First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    What the other guy said. Truly, it was creepy.
    OK, I just re-read this, there is some creepy shit. There's bad humor and there's creepy. It would be nice if the creepy people stated they were as such in real life. Seems like they never do, hence stalkers, spousal abusers, rapists, murderers. The same goes for both sexes, but from what I've seen creepy females end up being a psychological nuisance and creepy men can be downright dangerous.

In all honesty I have never used a pick-up line in my life. My impressions of people are formulated by many things, and I would assume the same goes for anyone else worth pursuing, hence the diminished value of any one thing to say, no matter how cute, cool, or clever...

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    Uhh.. lines don't go in my mind. I just go with the basic, you know, people - can - like - people assumption and do my thing. I don't expect to "secuce" anyone in a moment, or some other stupid things.

What's most needed is to understand what people really care about and act accordingly. Glad, many people want to just meet someone fun, or throw a few comments around with no "deeper meaning" or anything like that.

EVerybody understands they are potential encounters with a possible future mate, but with a kazillion or so encounters already, they take it pretty cool.

So, asking someone for a date is just another possibility to entertain myself and possibly one other. Why make it a big deal?
    i agree with you. there are so many fish in the sea.

but don't you remember what went through your mind the first time you asked a girl out? were you not nervous?

when you do it once a day everyday like i do you'll get over it.

but not the first time. 1st time i was freaking nervous.

most guys who don't go around randomly shooting comments ask a girl once every 6 months. then i guess there are reasons to be nervous.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ravana View Post
    but don't you remember what went through your mind the first time you asked a girl out? were you not nervous?
    First time I liked a girl a lot, and were not a really small kid, not understanding anything about the gender issues, was when I were 10. I didn't ever ask her out. I didn't dare. She seemed awesome, so attractive in personality and appearance.. I thought at the time it's a shame for anyone to admit attraction.

Attraction at the time was most familiar to me from some comic books. Almost always in a joking manner, some female seduces a male, who is then made a subject of ridicule by his behavior.

First time I dared to ask a girl out, I was 17. I thought, hope she won't ridicule me, hope she likes me, hope she wants to spend time with me. Hope we'll at least see someplace and I'll get a chance to make it something better. Or, at least, she'll decline in a way that recognizes my value as a human and a man.

It turned some strange way, with me guessing ever after what she meant.

So, I knew some of her friends and friends of friends. I guess I told her if she'd like to make some dinner with me from some foodstuff I had bought, It'd be really great to spend some time with her like that. She just mumbled in a fridghtened way, no she'll make some food of her own that evening, thankyou, enjoy your food and all that. Damn she were'nt interested in me one bit. but I was persistent and it took a while for me to understand.

I must have repeated that line in my head many times in practice, trying to make it sound casual and fun. I think I did sound casual and fun, just a bit nervous, but she had decided she didn't like me that much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Lasting_Pain

Nothing funny goes through my head when I ask a girl out because I have already assessed the situation and calculated all the responses she can possibly give me.

MBTI
    LoLz

I think people are missing the point of this thread. He's not asking you for nervous crap going through your head. That stuff's boring as hell. He's asking what questions each type would want to ask as the first line if they could get away with it. I think the first ones were pretty good.

For me, the stuff if I could just ask would be:

"What have you done in the last 24 hours so I can see how superficial you are?"

""Do you have any serious plans for your life for the next 6 months? 2 years?"

"How far ahead do you usually think at any given point in the day?"

"Are you able to make justifiable conclusions to situations on your own?"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

"Just say you're interested so I can say 'No.'"

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Lasting_Pain View Post
    Nothing funny goes through my head when I ask a girl out because I have already assessed the situation and calculated all the responses she can possibly give me.
    but do you ask her out?

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I think people are missing the point of this thread. He's not asking you for nervous crap going through your head. That stuff's boring as hell. He's asking what questions each type would want to ask as the first line if they could get away with it. I think the first ones were pretty good.

For me, the stuff if I could just ask would be:

"What have you done in the last 24 hours so I can see how superficial you are?"

""Do you have any serious plans for your life for the next 6 months? 2 years?"

"How far ahead do you usually think at any given point in the day?"

"Are you able to make justifiable conclusions to situations on your own?"
    i agree with the highlighted parts. thank you raz.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    "Just say you're interested so I can say 'No.'"

MBTI
    LoLz

Yeah, I'd want to just say to them something like, "Tell me why you're interesting."

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    In all honesty I have never used a pick-up line in my life.
    haha, Halla, dude, your BODY is a pick-up line.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    haha, Halla, dude, your BODY is a pick-up line.
    YouTube - John Mayer - Your Body Is A WonderLand Live ????

what i wouldn't do to get that out of pink.....................