User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by noigmn View Post
    I'm not really an outcast, but quite socially introverted in the sense that I'd rather not go be a party animal most nights, and prefer to relax.
    How are you an ENFP??
    That sounds like me, and I thought that was why I'm an introvert, because it's an effort to go out and party. I like it when I'm there but I need to prep myself mentally and most nights staying in with myself is more appealing.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by SurlyAdam View Post
    You're too young to be outcasts. You're just angst-ridden. You have no idea what it's like to be truly vilified.
    +10

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Costrin is an "outcast", but only by his own will, ie, not really caring enough to integrate with the majority of society.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Cool View Post
    I'm being honest, I'm a fucken loner in real life. I hang out with my sister and her friends for god sake. No one could understand me except her. I'm an enviromental freak so people ignores me. I get into arguements all time, people are already irritated of me. I'm just grateful for this site to express myself. There is not many intuitive people whome I could relate to where I'm from.
    There is so much to say here, yet words can be a futile way to communicate an inner knowing. You are young. Your life is a journey. You will learn along the way. And everyone feels alone sometimes. Everyone IS alone inside their own skin, their own mind, their experience of reality - this is not the exclusive domain of any one type or temperament. And it's OK.

There's probably very little you could think that hasn't already been thought, or any feeling you could feel that hasn't been felt by someone else before you. Because we share that sameness, we are not really isolated. We are connected. Reach out to others, and dare to be real - you might discover you are not so very different from EVERYONE. It's just a matter of percentages.

Quote Originally Posted by whimsical View Post
    I have friends but I've always felt like no one could ever understand me. It's very rare I find those types of deep connections.
    Finding connections is special and not to be taken lightly - but who is ever truly and completely understood? You must learn not to validate yourself through other people's ability to understand YOU, but yours to understand them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    Really? I'm in my final year at uni and I'm worried about where the hell I'm meant to meet people when I leave, apart from work.
    You'll meet lots.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    As I see it, most of the people on this forum are very, very young - like teenagers to early twenties. During this time, I was also a loner. Later on, it gets easier to meet and hang out with people when you are natural and just yourself.
    Well, that's good news.

deleted

I despise that band.

MBTI
    I

For those of you who said you were outcasts, I want to know - why do/did you not associate with others much? I'm just curious.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    For those of you who said you were outcasts, I want to know - why do/did you not associate with others much? I'm just curious.
    I don't claim to be an outcast, but I don't associate with others much, so I will answer your question. It's mostly because I don't have the social abilities to form meaningful connections with other people.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Well, I wouldn't call myself an outcast, but I'll answer this question also. I suppose I don't associate with others because I don't really enjoy it. I don't like going up to people to talk to them or coming up with ideas of things to say. I guess I prefer to talk in large groups so I don't have to say much (as long as I'm included in the group). It just makes me uncomfortable being around people. It's kind of complicated with me because I desire companionship, but I also dislike it. I don't know, maybe I have some kind of social phobia.

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

The Chosen One, I will answer as well, though I also don't really consider myself to be an outcast. I tend to be very service oriented, to the extent that most of the time I spend with others is focused almost entirely on them. I find this very tiring, after a while, but I am prone to neglecting myself, and I often won't seek out a way to re-energize, which makes everything worse.
    Also, I've reached a point in my life where typical social outings are no longer convenient, or even interesting. One on one is fine, but more is overwhelming in one sense, while underwhelming in another. I'm also a mom, so time alone is a very rare and cherished commodity. I hope I explained that clearly.
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

...and yes, I'm still on about that...