User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

I routinely keep most people at such a distance that it's hard to tell who cast who out. On the upside, I have very few conflicts with others...lol
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

...and yes, I'm still on about that...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

I kind of prefer it. I have a best friend, a best best friend (there's kind of a difference) and another BFF forever that is my cat. There are only two of them who can even grasp my...self...and yes, one of them is the cat. Her name is Emily and she has giant's eyes.

Anyway, I see it as a bit of a compliment that people can't "understand" me. Means no one will be able to thwart my plans for world dommination

In most seriousness though, It gets tough at times, especially when my family is a bit...cruel. I don't care if I'm the wierd kid in the corner who dresses how I like and reads comic books and says hilarious things to people that they don't get. I see the masses as idiots anyway, why would I want to be surrounded by them?
    VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VIVCI
    "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."

MBTI
    yupp

I don't know if I'm an outcast if I choose not to interact with most other humans. If I choose to, I can usually get along ok with the humans, but most of the time I'd rather not.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

I can't even make friends in jail. Jail for Gods sake. I may be an (I) but i'm still a people person. I do what i do for the sake of people. I even skip taking a shower for a week. Just to impress those Pakistanis down the street. Yet everyone else seems to avoid me. Can't they figure out what i'm doing.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

Lasting_Pain

*slowly raises hand*

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

As I see it, most of the people on this forum are very, very young - like teenagers to early twenties. During this time, I was also a loner. Later on, it gets easier to meet and hang out with people when you are natural and just yourself.

Nowadays, I have sort of a weird situation in which I am very *choosy* about whom I hang out with. Lots of people want to hang out with me, but I have no interest in going out, partying and getting drunk. I'd much rather spend a quiet evening with my husband or something. You get past that age, although some people never do, I guess.

Most people at work are much younger than me and at a different point in their lives; they ask me to hang out with them. Sure, it's cool - but I only really, truly understand about 3-5 people, and they understand me. It's enough. I don't need a billion people around me because I get that all the time at work anyway. In my free time I choose some special people whose company I enjoy.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

I'm not really an outcast, but quite socially introverted in the sense that I'd rather not go be a party animal most nights, and prefer to relax.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

*looks at his watch to see how old he is*

hm ... no that does not work.

*fires up calculator.exe 2009-1977 = 32 !*

damn, that hurts. that number does not look familiar, though. guess that means, there are some months left, with sweet 31.

Enneagram
    1w2

Moved to The Bonfire
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    As I see it, most of the people on this forum are very, very young - like teenagers to early twenties. During this time, I was also a loner. Later on, it gets easier to meet and hang out with people when you are natural and just yourself.

Really? I'm in my final year at uni and I'm worried about where the hell I'm meant to meet people when I leave, apart from work.

I'm kind of a loner I suppose, though I never think of myself like that because I'm happy as I am. I have about 5 close friends, including my boyfriend, and many acquaintances spread over the UK and Europe, who I don't see much but we can have a good time when we meet up.
    I had loads of friends in the first and second years, but it's funny how you gradually filter them down. My test was who bothered to meet up with me when I visited the UK while living in France. If people didn't see me and didn't have a good excuse, then I realised they weren't real friends.
    Funnily enough I've started making some new connections recently. It's nice to know it's still possible, though I have no idea how since I'm keeping to myself at the moment: work, sleep, eat etc.