User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you a good driver? Can you drive Manual?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an S and it was easy to learn manual!

11 23.40%
  • I'm an S and I'm good at driving.

8 17.02%
  • I'm an S and I suck at/hate driving.

5 10.64%
  • I'm an S and found it difficult to learn manual.

1 2.13%
  • I'm an S and can't drive manual.

5 10.64%
  • I'm an N and it was easy to learn manual!

15 31.91%
  • I'm an N and I'm good at driving.

21 44.68%
  • I'm an N and I suck at/hate driving.

4 8.51%
  • I'm an N and found it difficult to learn manual.

4 8.51%
  • I'm an N and can't drive manual.

9 19.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
123 Last

Thread: DRIV3R'S

MBTI
    ISTJ

Question DRIV3R'S

Well, I have asked a few people this and talked with Erina about it. She recommended making a thread. Sooooo...

Disclaimer: This thread is in no way meant to offend any particular type on their driving skills!

Anyway, my theory is this: Based on my observations the average N type is not as good as a driver as the average S types. Furthermore, the S type is apt to learn how to drive a vehicle with stick (manual as opposed to automatic) shift more quickly than their N counterparts.

Good Driver= You don't miss alot of stop signs and things and your not careless.
    Bad Driver= You blow through stop signs and things and do not heed the law.

I have tried teaching N's how to drive a manual and I really thought I would end up buying a new clutch. What are you thoughts?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I drive stick. Like everything else I needed to understand how it worked before I felt like I got it.

Stick shift isn't really that difficult

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm a good driver, and Nissan Xterra was stick, and my audi a4 is stick. I'm a much better driver than my ESTJ gf.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

I don't know. Sounds like hogwash to me. I've never been in an accident that was my fault. And the only reason I was in any at all is, the other people ran stop signs at four-way stops with blind corners at 40 miles an hour.

I've only had 2 tickets, both for 8 mph over the speed limit, during the last week of the month.

I learned to drive with a manual transmission. And I used to drive a tractor-trailer cross-country. Spicer 18-speeds rock.

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think I might skew the poll if I voted because I don't really drive, and I might like it more if I had access to a car so I could practice. At the moment I'm acutely aware that I'm inexperienced and therefore (probably) dangerous, so it's a tense experience.

I learned on an automatic. I tried to learn stick but I got too frustrated when I couldn't "feel" where the gears were...sounds dumb I'm sure, had no problems with the clutch/stalling at all, but I never had any idea what gear I was in so I'd do dumb things like pulling out in third. maybe it was the model of car, or maybe I'm just retarded
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    ENTP

i want an audi...

my mustangs a stick and i drive it well. i think im a great driver and ive been told that before but then again, i guess im not really a "good driver" by your definition :x
    She talks pretty but says mean things

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Mitzy View Post
    i want an audi...

Bleh...I don't want a car that costs more to tune up, than it does to pay the car payment. And has more computers in it than I have in my house.

MBTI
    ENTP

drivthreer is...what? Inquiring minds want to know.

I've done a couple of stupid things while driving but mostly I think I'm pretty good because I'm in the shrinking minority of people that don't try to send text messages or fiddle with the radio while driving, and I've never driven after drinking any amount of alcohol before going behind the wheel.

Granted, I don't have a car right now. But when I did or when I have borrowed someone else's, I have almost always been on the cautious side.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm a good driver, but I don't drive stick shift. I could probably learn, but ultimately, I know I'd prefer automatic because stick shift to me seems like extra work and attention for nothing. In that, I don't like driving, so why put more work into it. I don't like going fast or doing clever things with a car, and all I care about is getting from point A to point B.

I suppose, I'm a good driver, but a very BORING driver. You'll never find me trying to race someone through stop light or silly things like that. The most you'll get out of me that could be exciting is an almost ritualistic utterance of "Urgh...I hate people!" Which seems to always come out of my mouth at some point when I'm in a car and driving.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INTJ

I thing your comparison of following the law and being a good driver is a major fail.

I know a lot of people who drive perfectly within the law but that doesn't make them anything other than an average driver. I also know people who only go below the speed limit because they haven't had enough time to accelerate who are extremely good drivers and know their limits/vehicle limits and react far better than the first driver.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume