User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you a good driver? Can you drive Manual?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an S and it was easy to learn manual!

11 23.40%
  • I'm an S and I'm good at driving.

8 17.02%
  • I'm an S and I suck at/hate driving.

5 10.64%
  • I'm an S and found it difficult to learn manual.

1 2.13%
  • I'm an S and can't drive manual.

5 10.64%
  • I'm an N and it was easy to learn manual!

15 31.91%
  • I'm an N and I'm good at driving.

21 44.68%
  • I'm an N and I suck at/hate driving.

4 8.51%
  • I'm an N and found it difficult to learn manual.

4 8.51%
  • I'm an N and can't drive manual.

9 19.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234 Last

Thread: DRIV3R'S

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Hahhaha. EVERYONE thinks they're a good driver.

I've only had to drive manual once, when my friend forced me to learn via his teachings... I was nervous because the car wasn't mine. He insisted I was getting the hang of it quickly and doing well for the first time.. but I found the process annoying.

It'd be good to practice for knowing purposes, but if I could at all avoid manual the rest of my life, I'd be just as happy. I'm no race car driver.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    LOL! Stop that! That is unwanted phyiscal contact!

Just for that

Keep it up and I'll initiate a group hug.

MBTI
    XXFP

On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being knowing how to start the car and move it around and ten being the highest, most people would rate themselves a 6 or 7. I'd rate myself as a 2.

The more you learn about a subject, the more you find out how little you know. And thus, the more realistic your appraisal. The more I learn about how to drive a car, the more I realize I basically drive my vehicle in straight lines with awkward, slow speed arcs connecting them - in other words, I'm barely doing anything difficult driving around a city or on a highway. I think it would be fair to say that I have 20% (or less) of the skill of a rally or formula 1 driver. More like a 1/10. Hell, even .25/10.

However, a vast majority of people out there are 1's and below, so I have good company.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I'm a decent driver but I hate driving.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I'm a good driver, but I don't drive stick shift. I could probably learn, but ultimately, I know I'd prefer automatic because stick shift to me seems like extra work and attention for nothing. In that, I don't like driving, so why put more work into it. I don't like going fast or doing clever things with a car, and all I care about is getting from point A to point B.

I suppose, I'm a good driver, but a very BORING driver. You'll never find me trying to race someone through stop light or silly things like that. The most you'll get out of me that could be exciting is an almost ritualistic utterance of "Urgh...I hate people!" Which seems to always come out of my mouth at some point when I'm in a car and driving.
    Reading through the thread, yeah, this pretty much sums it up for me. Actually, it's perfect.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

In short: I hate driving, driving hates me, and I apparently drive like an old lady. Woot!

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Just for that

Keep it up and I'll initiate a group hug.
    ^

....anyways, yes, I race people at red lights and all that... especially teenagers who think they can beat me! I beat them at the light, they get mad and try to beat me at the next light, I beat them again, they get even more mad and turn off on a side street. LOL!

How do you all drive in the snow? I have had some near misses because I surprise myself with my reaction time and judgement. Anyone else like this?

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboo View Post
    On a scale of 1 - 10, 1 being knowing how to start the car and move it around and ten being the highest, most people would rate themselves a 6 or 7. I'd rate myself as a 2.

The more you learn about a subject, the more you find out how little you know. And thus, the more realistic your appraisal. The more I learn about how to drive a car, the more I realize I basically drive my vehicle in straight lines with awkward, slow speed arcs connecting them - in other words, I'm barely doing anything difficult driving around a city or on a highway. I think it would be fair to say that I have 20% (or less) of the skill of a rally or formula 1 driver. More like a 1/10. Hell, even .25/10.

However, a vast majority of people out there are 1's and below, so I have good company.
    Good point.

MBTI
    ISTP

I consider myself a good driver, as compared to the majority of other people. I keep to normal/safe driving on the road. On a track/private property, it's a whole different story, as some friends have found out. (Much to their loss of bets.)

I personally found it took me about an 20 minutes to learn to drive stick decently, and a few weeks before I felt I drove it "well". However, the catch to that is that I've ridden dirt bikes for 8-10 years constantly, so it was much easier for me than other people. (Automatic dirt bikes don't exist/are very rare).
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

I am afraid of driving but I have never driven.