User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you a good driver? Can you drive Manual?

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • I'm an S and it was easy to learn manual!

11 23.40%
  • I'm an S and I'm good at driving.

8 17.02%
  • I'm an S and I suck at/hate driving.

5 10.64%
  • I'm an S and found it difficult to learn manual.

1 2.13%
  • I'm an S and can't drive manual.

5 10.64%
  • I'm an N and it was easy to learn manual!

15 31.91%
  • I'm an N and I'm good at driving.

21 44.68%
  • I'm an N and I suck at/hate driving.

4 8.51%
  • I'm an N and found it difficult to learn manual.

4 8.51%
  • I'm an N and can't drive manual.

9 19.15%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234 Last

Thread: DRIV3R'S

MBTI
    ENTJ

Will anyone say they're a bad driver? I doubt it.

I am amongst the 99.9% of the population who thinks they're a good driver but I would describe my driving style as defensive and conservative. That's what Young Driver's of Canada does to you.

Lane of least resistance! LANE OF LEAST RESISTANCE!! MIRROR CHECK!
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Dave,

It depends? I have a cousin, whom I highly suspect is INTJ. She frickin will kick anyone's ass on the road. For a girl who looks like a hot barbie doll (got it from her mom), most people wouldn't imagine how crazy she can be when it gets down to it. I mean, hardcore. When I say crazy, she's intensely gifted at it, I think. She can jujitsu anyone and has excellent coordination.

Me personally? I'm an okay driver. Last time I learned to drive stick, I stalled a few times. Relearned it, and wouldn't mind driving it for fun. Maybe not on rainy dayz/steep hills.

As far as stop signs go, I run through it when I feel it's 'safe.' If you've ever been in other parts of the world where people don't drive along the right side, drive all crazy all over the place, then you would understand that running through stop signs here and there (when vacant) is pretty harmless. heheheh.

On top of type scores, we all have our own talents, skills, sets of values, unique to us?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I'm a better driver than some adults, who don't seem to give a shit. My driving skills are just fine. When I'm driving my main thing to pay attention to is the road and how I'm driving. I mean sure I can get into thinking deep, but I'm still paying attention.

As for stick I tried to do it and couldn't. There's no purpose in driving stick for me, I use a car to get places. An automatic car will get me to a place just as easy as a manual one will. I tried to learn it with my dad and after I while I just said "fuck this" and kept driving auto.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I was taught stick by an ISTJ in his car then had to drive my friend's car (also a manual) just a week later on a 1,300 mile trip. The sensitivity between the clutches of these two cars were VERY different. But it wasn't that hard. I did best after he explained the mechanics of the clutch. He did so by driving me around for a while and narrated what he was doing and as a result what was going on inside the car. But my car is an automatic. Generally speaking I'm a good driver. (When I got my lisence I had zero errors on the written and on-the-road test. )

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    It depends? I have a cousin, whom I highly suspect is INTJ. She frickin will kick anyone's ass on the road. For a girl who looks like a hot barbie doll (got it from her mom), most people wouldn't imagine how crazy she can be when it gets down to it. I mean, hardcore. When I say crazy, she's intensely gifted at it, I think. She can jujitsu anyone and has excellent coordination.
    That's cause INTJs are naturally good drivers.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    Good Driver= You don't miss alot of stop signs and things and your not careless.
    Bad Driver= You blow through stop signs and things and do not heed the law.
    This is silly.

I've been in a few cars where the drivers just "didn't notice" the red light until I pointed it out when it was obvious they weren't going to stop. I would agree that these people suck at driving.

I'm a considerate driver, I don't get in accidents, can anticipate other drivers actions or stupidity, and drive in a manner that doesn't disrupt those around me.

Being a good driver has little to do with following the law.

What I consider to be a major hazard is that most people have absolutely no idea what would happen if they had to avoid a crash and had to hit the brakes hard, or take a hard turn, or had to brake at the apex of a curve etc. How far would it take to stop? If you hit the brakes in the middle of a turn, will you lose traction and understeer to the outside (possibly into an opposing lane). If you have to dodge around an obstacle, how far should you point the steering wheel back to avoid overcompensating?

[YOUTUBE="DU61MsU9CTs"]Volvo V40 crash[/YOUTUBE]

Notice how he overcompensates, and probably brakes hard at the same time, and he both understeers because of braking and turning at the same time and oversteers some because of weight transfer off the rear wheels to the front. When you watch this clip:
    - notice how far he turns the wheel (nearly opposite lock just before roll)
    - watch the whole thing through a second time just looking out the driver's window. you'll get a clear idea of how the car is moving down the highway
    - note that when the other guy grabs the steering wheel the car was already about to flip and it had nothing to do with the crash

EDIT: actually, I don't know if he really brakes hard. Could just be the tires.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Yeah, my theory probably is hogwash whoever said that! I was just curious. I'm sure I didn't word the questions as simple as I should have either. Oh well.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Yeah, my theory probably is hogwash whoever said that! I was just curious. I'm sure I didn't word the questions as simple as I should have either. Oh well.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    LOL! Stop that! That is unwanted phyiscal contact!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

LOL! Stop that! That is unwanted phyiscal contact!
    You know you like it.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    You know you like it.
    It figures you would show up when I'm defending myself from an Fe attack. Let's at least TRY to keep the thread on topic!