User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Sona's Sew-Off

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Default Sona's Sew-Off

[Moved from Picture thread]
    Hmmm, what a great idea -- Maybe we should have a "Sew Off"?
    What do you propose to make?
    You want me to prove something? Don't challenge me. becouse I will do it! ask Sahara what happened whens someone challenged me. I don't say it I do it.

As far as I know, this is wrong. I don't think the Picture Time thread was created so people could "post for comments;" it was simply supposed to be a forum scrapbook.
    OK.

I am so torn between trying to keep the forums civil versus letting people actually give you a taste of what you're announcing you can handle.
    I can handle it. Do you really think I would give a hell what people thought of me on this forum? My life doesn't revolve around this forum I have a life outside this forum. I can give as good as I get.

Oh please. You've already opened it and said your entire piece, so playing coy now and withdrawing is a ploy that only works in B movies and middle school.
    You're imagining things.

If you'd like to honor your mum, the goal is to keep your mouth shut completely and not let others know that you find their outfits stupid at all... or else address it with them privately, in a humble fashion. If you're not going to honor your mum, then don't use her as an escape hatch to avoid reprisal.
    Good trick, but its not going to work. I'll do what I want to do.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    But you're not.
    No. But still I could give it a shot.

Constructive criticism is important, but understanding context before offering it is necessary in order for it to be constructive.
    I agree with you. I admit I was mistaken in that instance.

MBTI
    INFP

Seriously, challenge him, the results are endlessly entertaining, last time he.........well Sona you know what you did lol.

At least this would be to sew something, and not expose something.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Seriously, challenge him, the results are endlessly entertaining, last time he.........well Sona you know what you did lol.

At least this would be to sew something, and not expose something.
    I don't regret anything. Am a man of my word. All I have in this world is my balls and word. Lol!

But sewing how hard can it be? as long as you have the basic design cut out. Then you only stitch it together. In theory it seems easy.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    You want me to prove something? Don't challenge me. becouse I will do it! ask Sahara what happened whens someone challenged me. I don't say it I do it.
    I can find you a link for the patterns I used if you want me to. They really aren't very hard. I usually stick with simple garments because I'm too impatient for the complex ones. If you want to make me something pretty I will let you, but the patterns have to be modified to fit me because I am small.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I can find you a link for the patterns I used if you want me to. They really aren't very hard. I usually stick with simple garments because I'm too impatient for the complex ones. If you want to make me something pretty I will let you, but the patterns have to be modified to fit me because I am small.
    What tools will I need...
    And on average how long does it take...
    And if you make a mistake do you have to start over...

If I plan this out well enough I can do it. This can be a project.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

What tools will I need...
    And on average how long does it take...
    And if you make a mistake do you have to start over...

If I plan this out well enough I can do it. This can be a project.
    Either a sewing machine and thread or just a needle and thread if you sew by hand (I use a machine on everything I can because it is faster and the stitches are uniform), fabric, ribbon or trim, patterns, scissors, straight pins, a fabric pencil, an iron, a tape measure, and probably a seam ripper.

Most of my projects take one or two days per garment because I lose interest if they take longer than that.

If you make a mistake with cutting, you usually have to scrap it. If you make a mistake with sewing, you can use the seam ripper to remove the stitches and start over.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Either a sewing machine and thread or just a needle and thread if you sew by hand (I use a machine on everything I can because it is faster and the stitches are uniform), fabric, ribbon or trim, patterns, scissors, straight pins, a fabric pencil, an iron, a tape measure, and probably a seam ripper.

Most of my projects take one or two days per garment because I lose interest if they take longer than that.

If you make a mistake with cutting, you usually have to scrap it. If you make a mistake with sewing, you can use the seam ripper to remove the stitches and start over.
    Don't have a sewing machine. And I can't do it with hand once I tried sewing a button on a shirt and pricked myself with the needle.

I'll have to back out of this one! don't have the main tool for it namely a sewing machine.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Can't do it don't have sewing machine! if I had one I would have done it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Don't have a sewing machine. And I can't do it with hand once I tried sewing a button on a shirt and pricked myself with the needle.

I'll have to back out of this one! don't have the main tool for it namely a sewing machine.
    Right. You're just scared of how bad you'll look. You're all talk, no action. I guess everything you say is just hot air...:rolli:

Because sewing machines aren't that expensive, and if you were serious, you could learn to use a needle.