User Tag List

First 234

Thread: Sona's Sew-Off

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

The theatre program I was a part of had us practice in various activities both on and off stage. During one show I was assigned to help make costumes. After I broke the sewing machine twice I was delegated to much simpler tasks like collecting stick pins for the other costume makers. On all shows after that they had me doing things like building sets or hanging lights and didn't let me anywhere near the costumes.

BTW, the title of this thread is a play on words. I don't know if it's intentional, but it's funny.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    The theatre program I was a part of had us practice in various activities both on and off stage. During one show I was assigned to help make costumes. After I broke the sewing machine twice I was delegated to much simpler tasks like collecting stick pins for the other costume makers. On all shows after that they had me doing things like building sets or hanging lights and didn't let me anywhere near the costumes.

BTW, the title of this thread is a play on words. I don't know if it's intentional, but it's funny.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP

I used to work as a fashion designer and while I buy most of my clothes in stores, I still have a thingie for tailormade trousers. Here's a pic of the last pair I made. I'm at your service as well if you need help with your project.
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...1&d=1188072304
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Verbal IQ Test

SubFacor IQ score = 65
    Subscale percentile = 1

You appear to have a very limited vocabulary and lack the ability to identify the correct responses for a variety of different questions. A deficient vocabulary can hinder you in many ways; you may struggle to find the correct words when speaking, fail to understand what others are communicating to you, or come across as inarticulate to others.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Now that is skill.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Now that is skill.
    I can show you how to make a basic construction for a pair of tailormade trousers if you'r interested.
    Verbal IQ Test

SubFacor IQ score = 65
    Subscale percentile = 1

You appear to have a very limited vocabulary and lack the ability to identify the correct responses for a variety of different questions. A deficient vocabulary can hinder you in many ways; you may struggle to find the correct words when speaking, fail to understand what others are communicating to you, or come across as inarticulate to others.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

That'd be cool! I may not have the skill to pull it off, but I'm still very interested in how it is done.
    ~ John Rogers

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

To be honest, I actually would love to learn to sew. I have some great ideas for fetish clothing designs. And I've actually considered becoming a fashion designer more than once.

I wouldn't be ashamed if I liked knitting, either, but it just doesn't interest me as much.

MBTI
    INTP

cafe That'd be cool! I may not have the skill to pull it off, but I'm still very interested in how it is done.
    I just moved so my old patterncutting files stand in cardboard boxes in a garage. I was thinking about making a pattern cutting thread once I get things sorted out - it could be fun to refresh my old skills. You use your individual measurements to create a 3D map over your body - it's actually quite fashinating.

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    To be honest, I actually would love to learn to sew. I have some great ideas for fetish clothing designs. And I've actually considered becoming a fashion designer more than once.
    I think many men would enjoy fashion design. Theoretically, I don't perceive it as different than being and architect, a furniture designer etc. the designdevelopment process is the same, you work with shape, color and structure but instead of concrete, wood etc. - you work with fabric.
    Verbal IQ Test

SubFacor IQ score = 65
    Subscale percentile = 1

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    I think many men would enjoy fashion design. Theoretically, I don't perceive it as different than being and architect, a furniture designer etc. the designdevelopment process is the same, you work with shape, color and structure but instead of concrete, wood etc. - you work with fabric.
    Yeah, I think that fashion design is actually a very NT field at heart. Most people will dismiss it as an SP field because they don't perceive it as an "intellectual" field like architecture, but I've given up on Keirsey and his cronies long ago. I think fashion design fits right into the description of the ENTP "Inventor" in Please Understand Me II.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Park View Post
    It's a tough field despite what many would think. My last roommate was working on a fashion design major, and I have never seen anyone work so hard. Supposedly, her projects were placed under the kind of expectations the outside world would impose. It was fairly interesting to see what was involved. (Mostly it was a ton of illustrations and swatches before the final prototype was made.)