User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Sona's Sew-Off

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    You do realize there are male tailors, right?

I was going to say that, but could see his response coming from a mile off, so didn't bother.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    I was going to say that, but could see his response coming from a mile off, so didn't bother.
    Would this be a bad time to mention I've always wanted to sew so that I could make cosplay outfits?

Yah, I thought so.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Sewing is like putting together a 3D puzzle you can wear.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Sewing is like putting together a 3D puzzle you can wear.
    It's cool, I enjoy it, making kimono's is a hobby of mine, I really must get a new sewing machine.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

It's cool, I enjoy it, making kimono's is a hobby of mine, I really must get a new sewing machine.
    Kimono's are pretty and made with such beautiful fabrics.

My machine needs help right now. The little computer screen went blank so I can only do straight stitches and can't adjust the stitch length. It was a gift and a much better machine than I could afford myself, but the problem with complex things is more things to break. I'm half tempted to sell it for a good, inexpensive, simple machine.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Kimono's are pretty and made with such beautiful fabrics.

My machine needs help right now. The little computer screen went blank so I can only do straight stitches and can't adjust the stitch length. It was a gift and a much better machine than I could afford myself, but the problem with complex things is more things to break. I'm half tempted to sell it for a good, inexpensive, simple machine.

You know my aunt still only uses this, even though we bought her a state of the art one:

She insists it is the best, and the moroccan gowns she whips up are still really really nice.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

You know my aunt still only uses this, even though we bought her a state of the art one:

She insists it is the best, and the moroccan gowns she whips up are still really really nice.
    I believe it. Some of those older machines are work horses. The biggest thing I would miss about mine is the automatic button hole maker.
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Heh, I sewed for the first time in 10 years or so last month. No sewing machine so I bought a $7 starter kit at walmart and did it by hand--had to sew a zipper onto an elastic fabric piece on the back of my motorcycle jacket (connects jacket to the back of the pants so the jacket doesn't slide up if I hit the ground, raising the jacket off my back and allowing my back to grind against the pavement).
    Pricked my finger a couple times but it was worth the trouble, and the stitch seems to hold well (course I did it 3 times over double-threaded).

I am not too eager to discover if it works when put the ultimate test, however...

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Am not going to do the sewing. Because I don't have a workplace to do this properly and without getting caught.

If am going to do it I like to do things properly not just do a half asses job. It's about challenging myself, and satisfying my self. Its about perfection.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

There's only one way to achieve perfection with something like this--practice. It's all tactile intelligence.