User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: Sona's Sew-Off

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    Can't do it don't have sewing machine! if I had one I would have done it.
    Lacking equipment never stopped you last time. :yim_rolling_on_the_
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Don't have a sewing machine. And I can't do it with hand once I tried sewing a button on a shirt and pricked myself with the needle.

I'll have to back out of this one! don't have the main tool for it namely a sewing machine.
    Getting pricked with needles is just an occupational hazard. When you prick yourself or accidentally nick yourself with scissors you just put on a bandage so you don't bleed on the fabric and keep sewing. If you burn yourself with an iron you run cold water on the burn for a few minutes and go back to sewing. Not a big deal, really. I'm such a klutz that I manage to have at least one little mishap on most projects.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

omg.... I can't believe this actually is going somewhere.

(I guess I am just living up to my usertitle.)
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post

(I guess I am just living up to my usertitle.)
    You provokateur you

EDIT: Sona you shouldn't back out, I do hand stitching myself as I don't have a machine at the moment, it's actually therapeutic.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Sona is weak sauce. All talk, no action.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

I can't hide a sewing machine. What if my mom finds it, or my sister in law. I'll never be able to live it down. The risk of getting caught out weighs the benefit.

Anything else, and I will do it. This is too girly. If I was a woman I would have done it.

MBTI
    INFP

I can't hide a sewing machine. What if my mom finds it, or my sister in law. I'll never be able to live it down. The risk of getting caught out weighs the benefit.

Anything else, and I will do it. This is too girly. If I was a woman I would have done it.
    So basically you're chicken.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Which leads to this tagline: "Only a real man has the courage to be a woman!"

Sew by hand, with a needle. Do it on the sly. Beat up anyone who challenges you. You can do it!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    So basically you're chicken.
    That's what I'm seeing.

I sew, and I'm not afraid to admit it. It takes a real man, one that is secure in his masculinity, to do things that are considered "girly".
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Haha, I take it you have gender issues then, Sona? I've sewn before (not an entire garment, though). It's really no big deal. You do realize there are male tailors, right?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."