User Tag List

First 123 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

You could just call the cops on them, scare them a little.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

hmm...i'm going to think on it and see what i come up with...it bothers me so...people need to have some respect...it drives me crazy!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

We fought but never to that extent. That'd be a very hard thing to deal with.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    yikes barbarella that is beyond horrific...set them straight somehow that cannot continue!
    While that was my first thought too, I don't think you should take on the responsibility of fixing the problem, as much as you may want to. The guy is clearly not above harming his direct family members and it doesn't seem like it would be a good decision to assume he won't harm you, nor does it appear that he would listen to reason. At least it's unlikely that he'll continue for too long alive and out of prison.

Either way, I'm sorry to hear about your horrible situation.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

meta has a point...screw that then...i don't want you to get hurt. i think you need distance though...that can't be good for you....or your kids.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Dali

I don't have any advice Barbarella but I must say that it's impressive that you've decided to be strong and go back for the sake of your younger siblings rather than cutting off all contact as many might have. You're awesome. Wish you all the best.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    Never physically fought with my siblings, because I was pretty sure my Dad would have buried us both in the backyard.
    We had a dad that, when he was angry, was PERFECTLY TERRIFYING yet that never stopped us from fighting like a pair of Tasmanian Devils. Fortunately, no implements.

MBTI
    INTJ

B, what would you do with a normal mugger who came into the house?

Same diff now, isn't it? While family ties grant a lot of leeway to members, using weapons kinda voids that, yeah?

I had an asshole brother. Being family was what let him back into the house time and time again. Luckily he mostly didn't want to be there--or he did but couldn't work out how. Honest leadership might have made a difference, I dunno. Haven't worked out all that stuff yet, and it was twenty years ago now.

Good luck.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    You could just call the cops on them, scare them a little.
    I have done, what I need to do is know exactly when he has his stash of drugs squirreled away in my parents house, because last time it ledt to nothing, aside from my parents taking out their frustration on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    While that was my first thought too, I don't think you should take on the responsibility of fixing the problem, as much as you may want to. The guy is clearly not above harming his direct family members and it doesn't seem like it would be a good decision to assume he won't harm you, nor does it appear that he would listen to reason. At least it's unlikely that he'll continue for too long alive and out of prison.

Either way, I'm sorry to hear about your horrible situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    meta has a point...screw that then...i don't want you to get hurt. i think you need distance though...that can't be good for you....or your kids.
    Believe me I would stay away, it's just my 15 year old sister is having a very tough time of it right now, and I need to check on her. She isn't ready to come live with me just yet, but she will be and then I can minimise my contact with the rest of the family when she gets settled up here away from that lifestyle and those kind of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_(operalover) View Post
    I don't have any advice Barbarella but I must say that it's impressive that you've decided to be strong and go back for the sake of your younger siblings rather than cutting off all contact as many might have. You're awesome. Wish you all the best.
    Thanks Mo, I'm trying anyway.
    It's hard for me to understand the kind of bullying mentality that my brother has, I can't empathise at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    B, what would you do with a normal mugger who came into the house?

Same diff now, isn't it? While family ties grant a lot of leeway to members, using weapons kinda voids that, yeah?

I had an asshole brother. Being family was what let him back into the house time and time again. Luckily he mostly didn't want to be there--or he did but couldn't work out how. Honest leadership might have made a difference, I dunno. Haven't worked out all that stuff yet, and it was twenty years ago now.

Good luck.
    I agree, but using weapons/threats with weapons seems to be some kind of norm now, if you see my OP it describes another scene in which a different sister was threatening to stab my youngest sister.

I would never threaten anyone with stabbing or death, at least not over the things they are squabbling about, it would have to be something so bad to get me mad enough to cross that sick and twisted line.

They have normalised this behaviour.

I feel like the only one who thinks this needs to stop, at least amongst the grown ups.

I don't live with them, or near them, but obviously in order to interact with the sister I am trying to help I keep needing to go down to that cesspit of hate aka my family's house.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INTJ

Yeah, sorry about that, I was just shooting my mouth off without thinking too much.

It sounds horrible so the first thing I thought of was the basis for the right for everyone to leave the situation.

MBTI
    NICE

Jeez. That sounds SNAFU.

Sounds like your knife-weilding bro' needs CBT. Badly.