User Tag List

12 Last

your resident asshole

Default What would you do?

Okay, so we all have sibling rivalry, but I'm just getting annoyed.

My brother (mind you, he's twelve and old enough to know better) has screaming tantrums over the computer whenever things don't go the way he likes (this happens daily, by the way). Anyway, he was screaming bloody murder a few minutes ago so I went in and (as calmly as I could manage) held down the power button to shut off the computer. Naturally, his tantrum got worse and was directed at me. "I hate you," "go kill yourself," etc. I'm really tempted to give him a big pop in the face, but he's bigger than me. =/ So my question is...

how can I teach him a lesson?

*edit* Hmm... not really sure if this belongs in this section. =P

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

How old are you? What "lesson" do you want to teach other than "you irritate the crap out of me"

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Completely forget he exists. Don't do anything. Pretend he's not there when he does it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

He's 12 and acting like this? Where are your parents?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    He's 12 and acting like this? Where are your parents?
    My dad is the only one who disciplines him when he acts like this, but he's at work all day. My mom used to stop him, but I think she gave up. She just ignores him when he's like that, unless he is having a really big tantrum.

@ Elaur -- Mmm, idk. Got any fun pranks or something?

MBTI
    ENTJ

Fun prank: secretly record him, then show him the recording and threaten to put it online (but don't, obv.) - that should scare the shit out of him.

If I were you, I'd just leave him to his tantrums. That's the best way to deal with them, in my experience, whether the tantrum thrower is 2 or 50.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

When he does it again here's a few tactics I find highly useful

1. Laugh at him, right in the face. Say nothing, simply chucke at his frustration. (this works for me as I find it truly funny)

2. Kick the chair out from under him and, again, laugh as he screams on the floor. If he tries to hit you or something, hit him in the face. (no offense here, I'm not sure on your relationship with him outside this) but the pussy needs to get some sense knocked into him.

3. Piss in his shampoo and/or body wash (this was actually done by a friend of mine, but I heard it works quite well)

4. Or his toothbrush. Oh, but that's mean.

5. unplug the thing, carry some vital part of it's use away and into your room. (i.e. mouse, keyboard, even the monitor if you can)

6. Yell at him to stop. Warn him once. If he doesen't, simply walk into his room and tear the shit out of anything important. Trash it. Once I had to resort to ripping an essay, turning a bed over, etc.

It won't work for the first maybe three times you try any of the above, but after a week he'll get the picture. I practically raised my incredibly stubborn and disobediant younger siblings from age(s) 7 and 10 to even now, 11 and 13 (aging respectively).

You may also get punished by an authoritave figure. (I know how this goes, but it's worth it if your patent(s) aren't around or give him the usual younger sibling treatment. You get in trouble at first, but once he learns to repect (or at the least fear) you, things will calm down.) Anyway, when this happens, simply state that they weren't available and wouldn't do anything, therefore you took nessecary action to save a valuable piece of property. Argue for restrictions or at the very least punishments for misuse.
    VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VIVCI
    "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."

your resident asshole

I might try the recording one. It'd be fun to watch his expression when I play it back.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by plaguerat View Post
    3. Piss in his shampoo and/or body wash (this was actually done by a friend of mine, but I heard it works quite well)
    Only an INTJ would suggest that...

You can always password lock him from the computer, since that's what he's bitching about. Then after he throws a tantrum over that, you have to wait and get him into a calm submissive state, like in the Dog Whisperer, then reward him with computer access.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sx/so
    Socionics
    LSI

HAHA, patience is key. Let your parents handle it if they can (if they can't there are rather large problems abroad). You can keep telling him how he sounds like a two year old, reinforce that over and over, eventually he'll give it some thought. Also, he's still a kid... He'll grow up (I hope). Ways to fix this are just to let him live life. Get him into social environments where it is unacceptable to do this and where the whole environment tells him so. I know you might not be able to do the above step, but that's only if it's really a problem. He still has some growing to do. Kids change as they get older and rather rapidly both on the outside and in.

My credentials: I have 7 siblings. So, does hands on experience count, no? Darn...
    - Caleb

"I am what I need to be..."

"Nemo me impune lacessit - No one provokes me with impunity."