User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    InFp
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFj

I recently watched Redbelt, and I'd have to imagine most other Fi-ers would really enjoy it as well.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    Oh thank you for posting, Heart. That gives me some hope. That movie makes me want to punch everyone involved in it, plsu the ones who actually liked it. THAT MOVIE SUCKED! GAAAAHHH!!!

*is enraged*
    I hated it, but I have an INFJ friend who loved it. I'm not sure it's so much a type thing.

NFs: Before Sunrise, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Good Will Hunting, Alfonso Cuaron's Great Expectations and A Little Princess, Pan's Labrynth
    NTs: Fargo (any Coen brothers movie, really), the first Matrix movie

Do you ever find that you hate movies that probably should appeal to your type? I loathe Requiem for a Dream, for example.

Oberon

NTs: Contact, with Jodie Foster.
    NFs: Sommersby, again with Jodie Foster.
    SJs: Maverick the remake, with Mel Gibson, James Garner, and ...ahem... Jodie Foster.

Am I detecting a trend here?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by hokie912 View Post
    I hated it, but I have an INFJ friend who loved it. I'm not sure it's so much a type thing.

NFs: Before Sunrise, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Good Will Hunting, Alfonso Cuaron's Great Expectations and A Little Princess, Pan's Labrynth
    NTs: Fargo (any Coen brothers movie, really), the first Matrix movie

Do you ever find that you hate movies that probably should appeal to your type? I loathe Requiem for a Dream, for example.
    All of the NF movies are NT movies too I think. I also love Atonement, The Illusionist, The Hours and The Reader which could be perceived as being NF movies.

I also enjoy movies like Gone Baby Gone, Saving Private Ryan, Blood Diamond and Braveheart.

Edit: add Lord of the Rings

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Crash is great.

The Fountain is a fairly INFPish movie, if that makes any sense. I really like that movie.

MBTI
    fool

Black humour, Wilbur wants to kill himself, The Royal Tenenbaums etc.

The why category, 21 grams, Atonement, The Fountain, Mar adentro, Le scaphandre et le papillon, Schindler's list, Fearless (by Peter Weir) etc.

Waiting for Veronika decides to die cause of the book.

And everything involving Seth Rogen Are what I recommend, regardless of type.

MBTI
    INTJ

For INTJs it would have to be Pride & Prejudice (the BBC tv series). Never have I felt so proud to be INTJ hehe.

Also Taxi Driver with Robert DiNiro as Travis Bickel (not sure of spelling) is supposedly an INTJ gone badly wrong.

I think INTJs would also appreciate:

THX 1138 featuring a dystopian future society run by a computer. Consume more!

Rollerball: I think INTJs would like this 'alternative' view of the future (although they'd probably notice it already has).

MBTI
    XXFP

A general summary of what I've seen so far:

INFP = crazy movies.

Outsider recommended 'The Fountain'. I've actually seen it - WTF is going on with that one.

Crash sucks. What's the point of the movie? We're all stereotypes?

Heat - awesome. The love story bit drags that movie down, but it's purposefully underdeveloped. Or maybe it was an after-thought.

To ed111 it seems like ISTPs and INTJs like similar productions - minus Pride and Prejudice.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    XXFP

And since my other recommendation was some obscure movie from the 70's, an updated one.

No Country for Old Men

for anyone who uses Ti. The movie won't make sense unless you pay attention - and not just during the scenes where there are loud noises. You have to think this one through, but it's a really good film.

If you've seen it, this scene is great.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Other random movies I like- Dances with Wolves, anything with Kevin Costner (I've seen almost every movie), The Craft, Lord of the Rings, Pan's Labyrinth. Basically a lot of fantasy movies and a lot of movies that depict reality as different. Also I enjoy anything that was written well and has a good plot.

I basically avoid movies like the SAW series. I was forced to watch SAW II with someone and I lasted 15 minutes before walking out of the theater, then I had nightmares for a few days. You get the picture. Slasher movies don't quite work for me (especially SAW or anything THAT gory and awful). I do like Horror though when it's done well. If the gore isn't too bad then it's fine, but some things irk me pretty badly. The torture in SAW was just too much. Slasher movies are usually just senseless violence and lots of blood/gore human suffering. No need for all the bad feelings that come from that.

I also avoid Romance and things about modern day stuff. The romance makes me sad, and the modern day stuff is just boring.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)