User Tag List

View Poll Results: Morally right or morally wrong?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • It would be a bad thing, but I would make good after

8 21.05%
  • Never, I would be a pauper who saved the world from my council house

11 28.95%
  • What is the moral business you are waffling on about?

19 50.00%
123 Last

MBTI
    infp

Default If you found out........

You had super hero powers a la superman and co, would your first act be morally wrong or right?

For example, whenever I fantasize about gaining super powers, I somehow always imagine my first act would be to rob a bank with my new found powers, or some other get rich quick scheme that was perhaps criminal.

I also know how wrong that would be, and yet I'm so so sick of being poor, and it seems to me even worse to somehow charge people for saving them.

However once I had taken care of me, then I would save people for free and be able to return to my luxurious lair with all the mod cons every superhero needs.

Then again maybe my infp shoulder angel would beat my estj shoulder demon and make sure my first act was a morally good one.

Does anyone else ever think about this? if so what would your first act be?

EDIT: 3rd option should read "this moral business" rather than the.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

I would make it possable for myself to no longer need sleep as the mortal does. That way i have more time to fulfill the heroic deeds of a super hero. Then i would free every political prisoner that exists on earth. Then i would have everyone using an evolved ancient language. That way all our new inventions would use natural power, instead of stuff like internalcumbustionengine.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

I think, if anything, I'd use whatever power I had (going off the assumption that the nature of the power isn't as important as the existance of the power itself) to, as fairly as I could, prosper for myself and in turn help others. Rather than follow legal laws, I'd follow universal morally right codes (i.e. Slavery is bad. Sure, there's a positive/negative aspect in it, but we can all agree that slavery is bad.)

I think I'd finish school first. Maybe once I was more comfortable in my newfound skin, I'd go and right the injustices or whatever. Not like I don't think the world doesen't need help, I just don't see importance in trivial things like the price of milk or rudeness. I'd be more interested in balancing out the powers of govornment influence and population and the like.
    VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VIVCI
    "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Well, I'd need money for the upcoming good deeds and I'd also have to try out my new abilities.

I guess morally wrong acts would be the first choice..

I'm not saying I would stop doing the morally "gray" stuff afterward though. Some people just deserve to be robbed.
    I'd also consider world domination, or at least taking over the less developed countries, this would probably look evil to others, but I'd have the best interests of people in mind. Some of those governments just have to be taken down.

I would probably find that too much to handle though, and just stick to Robin Hoodish activities. Stealing from the rich and giving to the poor. Possibly with a slightly darker twist, slicing up child/animal abusers.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    You had super hero powers a la superman and co, would your first act be morally wrong or right?

For example, whenever I fantasize about gaining super powers, I somehow always imagine my first act would be to rob a bank with my new found powers, or some other get rich quick scheme that was perhaps criminal.

I also know how wrong that would be, and yet I'm so so sick of being poor, and it seems to me even worse to somehow charge people for saving them.

However once I had taken care of me, then I would save people for free and be able to return to my luxurious lair with all the mod cons every superhero needs.

Then again maybe my infp shoulder angel would beat my estj shoulder demon and make sure my first act was a morally good one.

Does anyone else ever think about this? if so what would your first act be?

EDIT: 3rd option should read "this moral business" rather than the.
    I'd do whatever I wanted, as I felt compelled to do so, just as I do now.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I'd procure a large amount of cash. Then I'd do some Robin Hood stuff to try and weasel out of it. Then I'd go traveling and shopping.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Throw sharks into random pools at night time.

Oberon

I would market my unique superpower and make my pile that way, in a fair exchange, rather than using the power to steal. If it was truly a super power, I would be able to command large sums from serious bidders in government and industry.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I have to say, I would offer my services to the state or the country. If my career would be helping the police or the FBI or the SWAT teams save people, stop criminals, and save lives, well.. I'd be killing two birds with one stone. I would not have my true identity, I'd be concealed.. A masked vigilante that works with the system. The amount of lives saved + me being able to save more lives through the police than on my own = Win win. I get a good career, lives are saved with police, and I use my talents to their full potential for the service of my community. And I'd get a sweet house.

I couldn't see myself using it for ALL bad things.. but I definitely see myself getting pissed off at the lady with her cell phone not paying attention and throwing her car into a ditch.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ISTJ

Good will always triumph over evil, if not immediately, in long term. So I would definitley be doing good.