User Tag List

View Poll Results: Morally right or morally wrong?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • It would be a bad thing, but I would make good after

8 21.05%
  • Never, I would be a pauper who saved the world from my council house

11 28.95%
  • What is the moral business you are waffling on about?

19 50.00%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Depends highly on which specific powers I received. Some are easier to take advantage of than others. A highly flashy power I would likely not abuse as much, while something hard to detect I likely would abuse.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Depends highly on which specific powers I received. Some are easier to take advantage of than others. A highly flashy power I would likely not abuse as much, while something hard to detect I likely would abuse.
    actually that is a nice point. Like the ability to mind-fuck people. I'd test it on the mall or something, but definitely use it on my friends at last a couple of times.

Mostly just freaking people out in public places though.

I dunno, that may be type-specific. Like other types, say the extroverted or whatever, may enjoy shooting fire out of every orfice while I'd find it rather...degrading.

then again, I took this more as a question of power itself, rather than the actual specifics of what it was. Then again again, certain abilities hold a higher power in different people than others...
    VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VIVCI
    "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'd leave earth and tour the universe. Silly humans.

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by Shaula View Post
    First of all, morality is relative so I can't choose sides, I'd be somewhere inbetween. My ultimate goal would benefit mankind but my short term goals might not be as morally correct as others might consider them to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I'd be glad I had them. I don't really understand morality well enough to know whether the things I would end up doing would be good or evil... I'd just do the things that it came into my mind to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    All of the above.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    You might not be able to do so if you got something lame, like the ability to talk to fish (I'm sorry Aquaman, but seriously, fish?) or shooting lazers from your eyeballs.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by plaguerat View Post
    I think, if anything, I'd use whatever power I had (going off the assumption that the nature of the power isn't as important as the existance of the power itself) to, as fairly as I could, prosper for myself and in turn help others. Rather than follow legal laws, I'd follow universal morally right codes (i.e. Slavery is bad. Sure, there's a positive/negative aspect in it, but we can all agree that slavery is bad.)

I think I'd finish school first. Maybe once I was more comfortable in my newfound skin, I'd go and right the injustices or whatever. Not like I don't think the world doesen't need help, I just don't see importance in trivial things like the price of milk or rudeness. I'd be more interested in balancing out the powers of govornment influence and population and the like.
    Unfortunately for you, you're still the only plague rat in play, and a measly 1/1 creature can't do much superhero-style conquering on his own.

My suggestion: Develop a cloning machine.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

You might not be able to do so if you got something lame, like the ability to talk to fish (I'm sorry Aquaman, but seriously, fish?) or shooting lazers from your eyeballs.
    I would tell the fish to form a giant fish spaceship, or have them all gather towards one floor of the ocean and swim in the same direction, with the resulting water exhaust propelling the earth in a new direction.

Then I'd tour the universe. Silly humans.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Unfortunately for you, you're still the only plague rat in play, and a measly 1/1 creature can't do much superhero-style conquering on his own.

My suggestion: Develop a cloning machine.
    The sad thing: I know what you're talking about.

and the name's not based off it :|

Also, I'd be able to give them all the plague.
    Actually, I've been told I'm sone sort of large cat or bird.

So really the rat only comes into play online. And that's just the internet.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Seriously if I was as powerful as Superman, within the first Five years there would be world peace and universal happiness, or as universal as you can get, then within the next ten I would be the King of Earth, I wouldn't be subtle about it either, whats the point if you're a God? The only reason it'd take as long as it would is cause the forward route involves far to much death, I'd need time, to disarm everyone, and I mean everyone. Then I'd have to begin building, building on the third world countries, once you save them you gain favor in the publics eye.

I wouldn't be able to cure all disease but I'd be able to scare crime down, why? Cause I'm bulletproof and can make fire fall from the heavens, and nuclear blasts only give me a case of the sniffles at the worst. I'd then use my speed to half the time it'd take to find an alternate power source, we wouldn't need oil anymore, because wind farms and solar panels would be installed on every open field and home in under a year. I'd take the time to be social and act loving and saintly, then being the single man super power I am. Through the super power that you can't get through a radioactive spider-bite or alien genes, Charisma I'd win even more favor in the eyes of the Earth.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

The sad thing: I know what you're talking about.

and the name's not based off it :|

Also, I'd be able to give them all the plague.
    Actually, I've been told I'm sone sort of large cat or bird.

So really the rat only comes into play online. And that's just the internet.
    Well, um...Lightning Bolt!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?