User Tag List

View Poll Results: Morally right or morally wrong?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • It would be a bad thing, but I would make good after

8 21.05%
  • Never, I would be a pauper who saved the world from my council house

11 28.95%
  • What is the moral business you are waffling on about?

19 50.00%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    GONE

I would be what is considered in the classic roleplaying world as - 'Chaotic Neutral'.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

lab rat extraordinaire CrystalViolet's Avatar
    MBTI
    XNFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Depends what the super power is, doesn't it though?
    Although I think my first action wouldn't be to do something illegal...not at first, superheros tend to operate outside of the law too. I'd be too busy testing my boundaries, in all senses of the word.
    Currently submerged under an avalanche of books and paper work. I may come back up for air from time to time.
    Real life awaits and she is a demanding mistress.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    epyT
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by d@v3 View Post
    Good will always triumph over evil, if not immediately, in long term. So I would definitley be doing good.
    Wouldn't that phrase work both ways? I've never understood why people use that.
    Only after disaster can we be resurrected.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

First of all, morality is relative so I can't choose sides, I'd be somewhere inbetween. My ultimate goal would benefit mankind but my short term goals might not be as morally correct as others might consider them to be.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    You had super hero powers a la superman and co, would your first act be morally wrong or right?

For example, whenever I fantasize about gaining super powers, I somehow always imagine my first act would be to rob a bank with my new found powers, or some other get rich quick scheme that was perhaps criminal.

I also know how wrong that would be, and yet I'm so so sick of being poor, and it seems to me even worse to somehow charge people for saving them.

However once I had taken care of me, then I would save people for free and be able to return to my luxurious lair with all the mod cons every superhero needs.

Then again maybe my infp shoulder angel would beat my estj shoulder demon and make sure my first act was a morally good one.

Does anyone else ever think about this? if so what would your first act be?

EDIT: 3rd option should read "this moral business" rather than the.
    If I was suddenly blessed with superpowers my first act would probably be learning how to control them and myself before I could choose moral or immoral use of them.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'd be glad I had them. I don't really understand morality well enough to know whether the things I would end up doing would be good or evil... I'd just do the things that it came into my mind to do.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    If I was suddenly blessed with superpowers my first act would probably be learning how to control them and myself before I could choose moral or immoral use of them.
    I'm more of a learn on the job type of person, which is why I didn't think of that first. :P I would just dive right in if I woke up with supermans powers.

So it's just me agonising over the morality of theft and stuff in this kind of situation?

Honestly, I sit down dreaming up these scenarios and asking myself what I would do, and what I wouldn't, what is morally right or wrong, round and round that merry go round of questions goes.

Carry on.
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    INTj

It would be too easy to capitalize on it. The most obvious is sports, useless but harmless.

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

What makes you think you know what you would do when given those abilities? I think a lot of you put more faith in your self-discipline than you should

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    What makes you think you know what you would do when given those abilities? I think a lot of you put more faith in your self-discipline than you should
    Good point, though I'm not sure any real consequences would come into play unless said person was put in a position of power in the govornment, police force, or anything over the masses as a whole, with assumed rewards.

Based the psychology on, say, Batman, you'd have to be effectively psycologically messed up to actually continue with the whole thing, masked or not. So really it depends on the streingth of the person's character in a position of power and their level of apathy towatd humanity as a whole and life itself.
    VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VIVCI
    "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."