User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

Default What's your inexplicable interest?

I remember, ever since my gifted teacher in second grade introduced me to the Atomic bomb, I've been hooked. I don't like the usage, hardly even the moral concept of them, and yet I am so entranced by just...them.

I've done countless hours of research, watchig of test vids, even doccumentaries on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and it never gets old. (I've read the Wikipedia article(s) like ten time, for instance. I've also got a folder in my favorites dedicated to bomb sites.)

Almost every moraly "good" thing in me goes against even the concept, but I wholeheartedly enjoy the science behind, effects, awe, pictures, videos, etc. etc. on the subject. And i just can't explain it.

Hell, I got this giant like 5'x4.5', yes feet, poster of the Opperation Crossroads BAKER Event at the Bikini Atoll for my birthday one year, and I never get tired of looking at it. Actually, I'm looking for one of the Tsar Bomba test, if there are any.

So anyways
    Ayone else have anything they absolutely adore for no reason they can discern?
    VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VIVCI
    "By the power of truth, I, while living, have conquered the universe."

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Cats.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Cats.
    My friends say I'm going to be the crazy reclusive cat lady at the end of the street.

I personally wouldn't mind that.

oh, as long as I didn't have to live in the suburbs though. that would suck.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I would have to say computers. I was always interested in them, even before I had the Internet. I still get very curious about new developments in computing.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I would have to say computers. I was always interested in them, even before I had the Internet. I still get very curious about new developments in computing.
    Hmm. I remember being so enthralled with just curcut-building, even in like the first grade. I loved making the most intricate things with the sets they'd give us, even making my own if there wasn't enough for whatever I wanted to do. heh, I used my first motor built from some kit as a part in this airplane I built out of LEGO's and Kinex when I was a kid.

That was so fun...

MBTI
    infp

A year ago I had a comic obsession with boots, especially the lumberjack kind, but that has since disappeared.

MBTI
    INTP

True crime/serial killers

Beauty--what it is, and why we react the way we do to it

Pop culture events or things that seem to bind a generation together

The JFK assassination
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by plaguerat View Post
    I remember, ever since my gifted teacher in second grade introduced me to the Atomic bomb, I've been hooked. I don't like the usage, hardly even the moral concept of them, and yet I am so entranced by just...them.

I've done countless hours of research, watchig of test vids, even doccumentaries on Hiroshima and Nagasaki and it never gets old. (I've read the Wikipedia article(s) like ten time, for instance. I've also got a folder in my favorites dedicated to bomb sites.)

Almost every moraly "good" thing in me goes against even the concept, but I wholeheartedly enjoy the science behind, effects, awe, pictures, videos, etc. etc. on the subject. And i just can't explain it.

Hell, I got this giant like 5'x4.5', yes feet, poster of the Opperation Crossroads BAKER Event at the Bikini Atoll for my birthday one year, and I never get tired of looking at it. Actually, I'm looking for one of the Tsar Bomba test, if there are any.
    My INTJ grandfather was one of the scientists that worked on making atomic bombs, so Iím ľ mass murderer

Mock trial and MBTI. I talk about them too much irl.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    INTJ
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Bougal View Post
    My INTJ grandfather was one of the scientists that worked on making atomic bombs, so Iím ľ mass murderer

Mock trial and MBTI. I talk about them too much irl.
    haha, I'd be more concerned with the "Oh my god, production and science, yay" than the murder part. Its not that I think it was justified or even morally right to use it on people, (which is a whole other debate) I just find awe in the immensity of its power. heh, I don't even care that its a human accomplishment really. Now that's something for me to ponder...

anyways, A friend and I got into MBTI and haven't looked back ,haha. We've tried to type most of the people we know, but thet couldn't care less.
    I hear ya.

MBTI
    ENTP

I just find it humorous that my grandpa got his way paved to the upper-middle class (ridiculous country club and all) by creating death machines.

I hear you about the power of it. I love to learn about WWII as a whole. I find that period in history very interesting. My brother and I type everyone, and after we do we convince them to take the test to see if we were right. When I get bored in class I observe someone and I try to type them based upon their actions in class. I don't think I am right about the in-class typings most of the time, but it is a thing to do. Everyone we know and interact with on a regular basis knows their type.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si