User Tag List

View Poll Results: What Operating System do you use?

Voters
52. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mac OS X Leopard

10 19.23%
  • Mac OS X

8 15.38%
  • Windows Vista

10 19.23%
  • Windows XP

15 28.85%
  • Other Windows

0 0%
  • Ubuntu

9 17.31%
  • The Newest Linux Distro

0 0%
  • Other Linux

0 0%
  • Unix or FreeBSD

0 0%
  • Other

0 0%
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonENTP View Post
    I always have it in my head that NT/NFs are more inclined to use a Mac. I can't figure out why in the world somebody would choose a PC these days honestly. I used Window$ for years before switching to Linux for 3 years and finally Macs exclusively for the past 2.
    Well, if we're going off of stereotypes here, I'd say that NTs would be far LESS likely to use a Mac, because they're mostly style without much substance.

I hate Steve Jobs, so very, very much.

Okay, I use Windows Vista on my laptop currently, and I run Linux.. on my EEE But, to be honest, Apple is not NEARLY as intuitive or problem-free as most people seem to think they are. In fact, their only saving grace is relatively (key word) good customer support - something I already get with Asus. So I prefer saving a little money and sticking with my PCs. Plus, I get something that Mac users don't have without buying a separate copy of windows:

GAMES
    "Can you set me free from this dark inner world? Save me now, last beats in the soul.."

Fonewearl and proud of it!

I (85%) - N (80%) - F (35%) - P (90%)
    O: 94% C: 18% E: 21% A: 94% N: 38%
    9w1 (SP, SX, SO)
    (9, 5, 4)
    RCUAI (Primary Calm)

deleted

Macs aren't more expensive. You just can't buy cheaper ones, fine example:

If you were to make a PC with your own two hands using the same money it costs for a Mac, you would get the same results.

Imho, Mac has better software than PC (kind of a fact actually), and I don't have to deal with all the little issues that come with PC. I have both Mac and PC, but I have every reason to sit here at my Mac and be enthralled. If you love playing video games, just run windows ON your Mac. If I were ever to play video games, they likely would be shown on my bigger television set.

Windows? I just don't need it, at all... I can do everything right here and with minor problem, ex. software coding, music sequencing, graphics design, gaming.

Quote Originally Posted by TucsonENTP View Post
    I always have it in my head that NT/NFs are more inclined to use a Mac. I can't figure out why in the world somebody would choose a PC these days honestly.
    Because I enjoy getting the same computer for half the price, and I like it when my hardware is designed to work instead of to look good.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    Because I enjoy getting the same computer for half the price, and I like it when my hardware is designed to work instead of to look good.
    I do not want to know what you do with your hardware...

MBTI
    STUF

Mac OSX. Leopard now, Snow Leopard soon. Designed to both function and look nice. I first used Windows and then Linux of most flavors, Gentoo the longest of that lot. Nothing matches OSX, not to say it is without problems.
    Whoops.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w8

I <3 my MacBook.
    R[a]ngl[e]r

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w8

I guess we're proving my point here. The assumption being the iNtuitives would be more inclined to research information and not base their choices on false information or take peoples word for their lack of accurate information.

Price:

Mac cost of ownership is far less money, this is a fact be it in a server setting or home computer.

For a machine of equal quality there is no price difference between a Mac and a PC. Th e issue here is that Mac doesn't make and sell outdated cheap computers, Windows machines however are abound in the low ranges because of their inferior quality.

I'm not even touching on the Virus issues that go along with Windows. People will say that Linux would have them too if it were more common but do you understand what you would have to do to get a Virus with a Linux box?

1) Download the Virus
    2) Untar the download
    3) Log in as root user
    4) Install file as root user

Additionally, Linux users would never run as the root user, with Mac you can't and with Windows, well this is a lesson their 60,000 known viruses has yet to teach them.

Now I don't know if you're aware or not but if you want a program with Linux do you know what you have to do?

1) Open terminal
    2) Search their repository for the file
    3) Type in a command to install the file you want and you're done

It's truly that easy and totally free.

I don't know, I guess some people still don't do their research.

I have two computers at home. One has ubuntu and the other xp.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Ubuntu satisfies most of my needs nowadays. Occasionally I need Windows XP but I either RDP into another windows box at work or keep a spare HDD around with windows for games/etc. at home.

I also have 2 linux servers (Ubuntu Server--fairly older versions now since I haven't upgraded them in forever) downstairs that stay up 24/7/365 and my webhost is a virtual private server running Ubuntu (server).
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Why do I keep encountering Mac/Linux people who get so self righteous about an operating system? It's just a freaking operating system. If people buy something different from you then why should you care? I don't get why people act morally superior over a freaking computer.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com