User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 85

  1. #11
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    No, I don't expect you to know, you can look it up here. (link stolen from EffEmDoubleyou)
    Well, I DO know. And that website is incorrect. It was "Kiss and Say Goodbye" by The Manhattans. Not that horrid Elton John/Kiki Dee thing. A song is not #1 until the chart date it became #1. Obviously, that website "rounds up" to the next chart date, but I think that is inaccurate. It's like saying if you were born January 19, 2009 that Barack Obama was president when you were born. But that's not true, he wasn't until the next day.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  2. #12
    Senior Member INTJMom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    5,351

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Well, I DO know. And that website is incorrect. It was "Kiss and Say Goodbye" by The Manhattans. Not that horrid Elton John/Kiki Dee thing. A song is not #1 until the chart date it became #1. Obviously, that website "rounds up" to the next chart date, but I think that is inaccurate. It's like saying if you were born January 19, 2009 that Barack Obama was president when you were born. But that's not true, he wasn't until the next day.
    I knew you wouldn't have to look yours up!
    They seem to be going by weeks at a time.
    So... Don't Go Breaking... wasn't number one the week you were born?

  3. #13
    veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    6,727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    I knew you wouldn't have to look yours up!
    They seem to be going by weeks at a time.
    So... Don't Go Breaking... wasn't number one the week you were born?
    It hit #1 on the chart date of August 7, 1976. I was born on August 6, 1976. Therefore, the Manhattans were still #1 until the day after I was born.

    Now, if you want to get technical, the sales and radio airplay data used to compile the chart was actually collected at least a couple weeks prior to that, so the "real" #1 of my birthdate would be reflected in the chart a couple weeks later, but that's a little too pedantic even for me.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

    "I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

    The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

  4. #14
    Courage is immortality Valiant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    EIE
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    [YOUTUBE="Ua26qTEK25U"]Cutting Crew - (I just) died in your arms[/YOUTUBE]

    Mightier than the tread of marching armies is the power of an idea whose time has come

  5. #15
    Senior Member norepinephrine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    402

    Default

    Mack the Knife.

    As someone else said - good thing it's a classic.

    Chaosgone: 1959: 1 - 10

  6. #16
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    YouTube - Huey Lewis And The News - Stuck With You (2006 Digital...

    ohh crap, I was born in the wrong decade for good music.

  7. #17
    Diabolical Kasper's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx
    Posts
    11,544

    Default

    Seems I would have been lucky enough to celebrate my 12th birthday in style with the #1 hit Jump by Kris Kross.

  8. #18
    Shaman BlackCat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    7,004

    Default

    YLJ that song is awesome.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

    sCueI (primary Inquisition)

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    MBTI
    xxxx
    Posts
    735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Well, I DO know. And that website is incorrect. It was "Kiss and Say Goodbye" by The Manhattans. Not that horrid Elton John/Kiki Dee thing. A song is not #1 until the chart date it became #1. Obviously, that website "rounds up" to the next chart date, but I think that is inaccurate. It's like saying if you were born January 19, 2009 that Barack Obama was president when you were born. But that's not true, he wasn't until the next day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    It hit #1 on the chart date of August 7, 1976. I was born on August 6, 1976. Therefore, the Manhattans were still #1 until the day after I was born.

    Now, if you want to get technical, the sales and radio airplay data used to compile the chart was actually collected at least a couple weeks prior to that, so the "real" #1 of my birthdate would be reflected in the chart a couple weeks later, but that's a little too pedantic even for me.
    The site would have been correct, but after reading your posts it is clear to me that your mother could not stand to have you inside her for another day and gave birth to you a day early. Mystery solved.

  10. #20
    Feline Member kelric's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    INtP
    Posts
    2,169

    Default

    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsMQbedCZj0"]Indian Reservation: Paul Revere and the Raiders[/YOUTUBE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 294
    Last Post: 10-07-2017, 08:07 PM
  2. #1 Song when you turned 15
    By Speed Gavroche in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 03-30-2011, 01:05 AM
  3. [Other] Favorite Song When You Were a Kid
    By Kastor in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 02-20-2010, 01:01 PM
  4. When you were a child...
    By MerkW in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 01-05-2008, 02:49 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO