User Tag List

First 2345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

That's hilarious wolfy, when you didn't answer the title question, "Tell me WHY your residence rocks." I find it hilarious you gave a list that comes out of left field from the previous posts and didn't follow. It has nothing to do with WHY she should go there in the first place. LOL! It just seemed like orders. Do this, stay here, go there, use this, GO HOME AFTER!! Came across really funny!

I've gone over this thread several times, and I can't find where she said she wanted to go to Japan, although I'm sure she might. You just haven't explained, WHY, she should go to the places listed, other than it being mandatory as a part of the Wolfy Japany Vacationy Listy! chuckle chuckle chuckle.

So, I'll ask for her, why should we go see the places listed and why should we stay at the hotels and why use the transportation listed? If not, what kind of disaster will ensue?

As far as coming to Calgary, come during the Stampede but don't plan anything, just fly by the seat of your pants, because the people here try to force fun, when they should just live fun!
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

I really should have put my original post in context. The way you responded was rude and insulting. You could have asked in another way.

The thread title was 'Tell me why your residence rocks!' If I know kyuuei is already interested then I can skip the general part and give some specifics on how to travel cheap.

Why does the thread exist? To entertain you or for the person who started it? That depends on the question and the question here is asking for more info. There are some things I'd like to post though. I don't want to derail the thread.

Here are some cool things to do in Japan
    The best time to come here is by far Summer. The matsuri (festivals) are great. Gion Matsuri in Kyoto is the best. Every town in Japan has a matsuri Also you can see some great firework displays in midsummer.

Here is some pictures I found from around my area in Summer

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I'm disappointed you didn't include the panty vending machines, Wolfy.

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I'm disappointed you didn't include the panty vending machines, Wolfy.
    They're all but gone now.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    They're all but gone now.
    :steam:

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Can't control what you think is rude and insulting, it's not to me, I was laughing while I wrote it, because it's hilarious how out of place your post was. (walking on eggshells around an ISFP, surprise, surprise, surprise)

Thank you for clarifying your response with some insight so we know what the crap you were talking about. lol. If you wanted to give her information directly, there's always the private profile.

jockthemotie, love the pic, especially after this last Scrubs episode. Why does your residence rock other than the awesome gophers?

8w9 EIE

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Is that watermelon holding man Col. Sanders?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Never-never land eh? lol!

8w9 EIE

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mempy View Post
    Great pictures, PT. I can't tell -- are those evergreen trees on the hills beyond the city? It's hard to tell where the city ends and the trees begin.
    Those are! It's a picture towards the local mountains (can hike/ski/bike/eat/whatever). It's also a national park above a certain line (where the houses stop, roughly)... So you can walk up there. They are... rather large, depending on what you are used to. They don't seem so impressive after seeing the BC rainforests, but Europeans are constantly amazed

The city seems to ooze into the trees now - the core of the city is limited to parks, but there is a pretty big green movement to keep as much of the natural stuff around as possible. Course, population wins out eventually, but it's certainly nice! (I will make no mention of suburbia around Vancouver, note , although some places keep agricultural land inside the city, so you end up with 'xmas tree' farms. It's... surprisingly nice. Not common though. )

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    PT, great pictures! That city is so gorgeous in the winter. I can't quite tell, are those taken from around Pender and Thurlow? That's a great part of town.
    Taken from Pender and Burrard, roughly! If you know the area, you could probably figure out they come from the Bentall 5 building Unfortunately my view got a little bit cut off, but... still nice. (The damn building that went up has water-side apartments that are going for as much as $2000/sq foot!)

Quote Originally Posted by Kangirl View Post
    PTGatsby, those photos make me homesick. I'll try to find some good ones of Montreal to post.
    I loved Montreal when I was there as a kid - although I really just liked Quebec. I remember going cross country skiing out there as if it just happened... It was a bit difficult being an anglophone at the time, but I hear it's a bit better now

--

Other reasons to move to Vancouver? It's always rated one of the top cities in the world - Global/World Quality of Life City Rankings Survey 2007

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Wolfy!! Great lists to add to my small collection. I had attended a panel at a convention where the person made stress on buying the rail pass BEFORE you left the country, and also to exchange money after you get there, because it's more expensive in the states to do it.

What matsuri's do you recommend attending? MORE importantly, what times of the year do you think is best for travel there? To mayhap see many things, but not be SO overcrowded that I can't get anywhere.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge