User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

^ Best analysis so far.

Ubie I should have thought of that when I posted this!

And those pictures are lovely I love looking at snow from a distance.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Made me laugh metamorphasis! LOL. Schools closed due to snow......hahahahaha, that's hilarious!

Anyway, my city, Calgary, is awesome because it's the cleanest in the world, the people are great, wages are reasonable, people vote the right way, we have a ridiculous amount of olympic athletes, and the natural beauty is superior to Vancouver any day of the week. (mainly because we're not walking through rain all year round) Although, if I had a choice, and could afford it, I'd live in Vancouver hahahaha!

World's Cleanest City | RecruitsOffshore

"Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

If you come to my hood, you can rock the rocket*!!

*rocket is a pet-name for our public transit system - of its grandest/fastest - the subway. Route shown above for your rocketing pleasure and efficiency.

I know you're enthralled....

Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    Made me laugh metamorphasis! LOL. Schools closed due to snow......hahahahaha, that's hilarious!

Anyway, my city, Calgary, is awesome because it's the cleanest in the world, the people are great, wages are reasonable, people vote the right way, we have a ridiculous amount of olympic athletes, and the natural beauty is superior to Vancouver any day of the week. (mainly because we're not walking through rain all year round) Although, if I had a choice, and could afford it, I'd live in Vancouver hahahaha!

World's Cleanest City | RecruitsOffshore

My best online friend lives in Calgary. It has always struck me as a friendly and clean city, but I may be projecting my affection for my friend onto her city.
    They're running just like you
    For you, and I, wooo
    So people, people, need some good ol' love

MBTI
    IsTP

We have all four seasons, though it is arid so we have a mimimum amount of snow fall on the valley floor (clear roads 98% of the year).

The whole metro area (about 500k) is pretty crime free, it has an amazing & friendly (and sometimes just fucking comical) downtown bar scene. A small portion of the city uses geothermal heating, a nice, clean river runs straight through the town that people float during the summer months. (until recently it was prefectly legal to drink and float). Its situated along the foothills to a bigger mountain range, we have a ski resort 30 minutes away. If you are into water sports there are three nearby resivors. The cost of living is dirt cheap, I used to rent a three bedroom, two bath house w/2car garage for $800. To the south we have a desert like conditions, and the lax laws make it an awesome place to enjoy motorsports. Also if you enjoy college football we have the best team in the WAC.

Also:
    Best places for business and careers: # 3 (Forbes Magazine, 2007)
    Urban environment report card: # 6 (Earth Day Network, 2007)
    Boomtowns: Hottest cities for entrepreneurs (midsize cities): # 9 (Inc.com, 2007)
    Most secure places to live (500,000 or more residents): # 1 (Farmers Insurance 2006)

I'd visit cali but I think the people would ruin it for me. My brother told me how somebody yelled at him for walking off a trail and causing *erosion*
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

How to travel cheap in Japan

Cheap Food
    Gyu Don Ya
    Ramen Ya
    100 yen Kaiten Sushi
    Convenience Stores
    Mc D is the cheapest burger chain

Where to Stay
    Capsule Hotel
    Manga Cafe
    Internet Cafe
    Overnight bus or train
    Cheap business hotel

How to Get Around

Buy a unlimited Japan Rail Pass ticket before leaving your country
    Bus
    Subway
    In Japan you can get the JR Seasonal Discount Ticket for Local and Rapid Trains

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post

Cheap Food
    Gyu Don Ya
    Ramen Ya
    100 yen Kaiten Sushi
    Convenience Stores

Where to Stay
    Capsule Hotel
    Manga Cafe
    Internet Cafe
    Overnight bus or train
    Cheap business hotel

How to Get Around

Bus
    Subway
    What the crap does that have to do with anything?

8w9 EIE

Dali

Many of the posts here have veered into the cost of the area where the poster lived so I don't see the need for such crankiness.

Thanks for the tips, Wolfy!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    We have all four seasons, though it is arid so we have a mimimum amount of snow fall on the valley floor (clear roads 98% of the year).

The whole metro area (about 500k) is pretty crime free, it has an amazing & friendly (and sometimes just fucking comical) downtown bar scene. A small portion of the city uses geothermal heating, a nice, clean river runs straight through the town that people float during the summer months. (until recently it was prefectly legal to drink and float). Its situated along the foothills to a bigger mountain range, we have a ski resort 30 minutes away. If you are into water sports there are three nearby resivors. The cost of living is dirt cheap, I used to rent a three bedroom, two bath house w/2car garage for $800. To the south we have a desert like conditions, and the lax laws make it an awesome place to enjoy motorsports. Also if you enjoy college football we have the best team in the WAC.

Also:
    Best places for business and careers: # 3 (Forbes Magazine, 2007)
    Urban environment report card: # 6 (Earth Day Network, 2007)
    Boomtowns: Hottest cities for entrepreneurs (midsize cities): # 9 (Inc.com, 2007)
    Most secure places to live (500,000 or more residents): # 1 (Farmers Insurance 2006)

I'd visit cali but I think the people would ruin it for me. My brother told me how somebody yelled at him for walking off a trail and causing *erosion*
    I love a lot about Idaho especially the fresh air, open spaces, beautiful scenery, the stars are more vivid than anywhere I've been, also, my visit to Idaho was filled with good memories. I slept really well while I was there. If I were American, I'd spend time there if not live there. I like the craters of the moon as well, and the beautiful small towns made beautiful by the amount of celebrities who vacation there regularly. Romantic, is how I'd describe it.

And to Mo and Wolfy, I stand by what I said, you've offered me nothing a google search couldn't already do, and if tone could be conveyed over a forum post, hilarity would be inferred in the tone of the comment not crankiness! lol.

8w9 EIE

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    So, I'm a serious traveler, and even though I don't get to do it often, I do do what I say I'm going to do slowly but surely.

There's a lot of people from different places here, and everyone's got their reasons why where they live rocks. So let us know

If I were, for example, going to California, what are must-dos and must-sees, and what are the cheapest ways of getting good food, rooming, etc? What to avoid as well (this is not limiting this thread to Cali)
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post

Cheap Food
    Gyu Don Ya
    Ramen Ya
    100 yen Kaiten Sushi
    Convenience Stores

Where to Stay
    Capsule Hotel
    Manga Cafe
    Internet Cafe
    Overnight bus or train
    Cheap business hotel

How to Get Around

Bus
    Subway

kyuuei is interested in Japan and asked about the cheapest way of getting food etc in the OP.
    So what does it have to do with anything? It has to do with the OP.
    Try reading and thinking next time. Think before you hit submit...please.