User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    This is a bit of a straw man.
    Dude, I was giving a description of the image Sona presents in his posts. That's how he presents the issue. That's why I said I wonder what a experienced husband and father from his culture would say about the tone of his posts.

Of course maybe his game is to play the strawman and watch people react.

MBTI
    INFP

Your brother should divorce his wife, and then NO MORE women should ever marry into your family.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    Of course its a problem. The women need to stop it and act normal i.e. like whats expected of them in our society.
    If what you say about yourself is true, you don't do that yourself. You drink and sleep with women not your wife and those are not even minor things. Why should women, who are supposedly supposed to be protected, be executed for minor things while you go around sinning with impunity?

It sounds to me as though you have much higher standards for women than you do for men, which would normally indicate that they are naturally more righteous than men, but then you turn around and say "I'm disciplining her. I'm protecting her." What right does a man (a creature with so little self-control that women must be totally covered to protect him from himself) have to discipline a creature that is so far above men that she must be held accountable for the smallest deviation from "normal life"?

I think the instant your wife tried to discipline you you would say she was attacking you or she was out of her place and you would use that as an excuse to hurt her.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    If what you say about yourself is true, you don't do that yourself. You drink and sleep with women not your wife and those are not even minor things. Why should women, who are supposedly supposed to be protected, be executed for minor things while you go around sinning with impunity?
    I'm young and unmarried. Am going to stop messing around after I get married. I'm not going to be cheating on her, and being a complete prick around the house. I don't want to get married for the sex I want to get married for the emotional security and for someone whom I can have fun with etc.

It sounds to me as though you have much higher standards for women than you do for men, which would normally indicate that they are naturally more righteous than men,
    You don't understand, I might aswell drown my self in a bucket if my wife disrespected me in front of my tribe. My ancestors where headhunters. You just can't get the warrior mentality out in just over 200 years. In evolutionary terms this is nothing. Our wifes are supposed to understand when we look at them what we need. This has nothing to do with religion this is a tribal mentality and part of tradition.

but then you turn around and say "I'm disciplining her. I'm protecting her." What right does a man (a creature with so little self-control that women must be totally covered to protect him from himself) have to discipline a creature that is so far above men that she must be held accountable for the smallest deviation from "normal life"?
    Its not for small deviations. You;re making out like as if am saying a man should slap his wife over trivial issues. I'm talking about your wife swearing at your mother. I wouldn't tolerate that.

I think the instant your wife tried to discipline you you would say she was attacking you or she was out of her place and you would use that as an excuse to hurt her.
    As long as she did it behind closed doors, I wouldn't mind honestly.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Your brother should divorce his wife, and then NO MORE women should ever marry into your family.
    Inshallah, if I get really religious two wifes for me please.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    If you agree so much with that kind of society, then why are you here spilling all of this stuff here? Why not find a board with like minded people on it and get them to pat you on the back for your views? You are just going to get people laughing at you or hating you here. It is so counterproductive.
    I had my own forum. But I closed it down.

MBTI
    INFP

I'm young and unmarried. Am going to stop messing around after I get married. I'm not going to be cheating on her, and being a complete prick around the house. I don't want to get married for the sex I want to get married for the emotional security and for someone whom I can have fun with etc.

YUSUFALI: Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are not affected by what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honourable.

Get it oh impure one?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

I must confess, Sona, that it's a wonder to me how the dichotomy between your claimed religious beliefs and your purported actions don't give you crippling cognitive dissonance.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    YUSUFALI: Women impure are for men impure, and men impure for women impure and women of purity are for men of purity, and men of purity are for women of purity: these are not affected by what people say: for them there is forgiveness, and a provision honourable.

Get it oh impure one?
    You're reading it wrong. The classical verse was meant to mean the men and women who had sex and did fornication before converting to Islam. Now its just twisted to mean something completely different.

I find it quite offensive to be labeled as impure am really very clean, I refuse to have sex with women who don't clean shave the jungle down there.

MBTI
    INFP

You're reading it wrong. The classical verse was meant to mean the men and women who had sex and did fornication before converting to Islam. Now its just twisted to mean something completely different.
    You lie.