User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    So you're telling me, your wife was coming at you with a knife trying to kill you, you wouldn't hit her if that was the only option available to you?
    I don't remember saying that anywhere, but I've no doubt that you can enlighten me.

The scenario you've raised would not involve 'disciplining' my wife; rather, it would involve defending myself against bodily harm and/or death. Of course, in a quieter moment I would probably reflect on what exactly had driven my wife to come at me with a knife, and find myself lacking. But that might just be me.
    January has April's showers
    And 2 and 2 always makes a 5

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Did I specifically ask you?

Learn to mind your own business. You little herb.

P.S, what did I spell incorrectly?
    Make me. If you want others to mind their own business, then don't post personal information on a public forum.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Sona, you have to be aware that the inflamatory way you presented this case will only bring comic and/or angry responses? Surely you know this?

Why not simply tell us that you were having problems with your SIL because she is trying to manipulate you into bed so she can demonize you and divorce your brother? Why the need for all the blanket remarks about women and the domestic discipline philosophy?

ETA. Are you really just a masocist looking for women to get angry with you?
    Well am getting annoyed, at the end of the day. If a woman is being straight with me I be straight with her. All I am saying is if my wife did stuff like this I would not tolerate it. People behead women over minor stuff in my culture. Theres not of that playing games.

heart on fire

You little herb.
    Lavender? Camomile?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    That would be self defense, not discipline.
    Whats wrong with discipline?

I wouldn't mind it if my wife disciplined me! I'd thank her later in life for it.

MBTI
    INTJ

Well am getting annoyed, at the end of the day. If a woman is being straight with me I be straight with her. All I am saying is if my wife did stuff like this I would not tolerate it. People behead women over minor stuff in my culture. Theres not of that playing games.
    And you don't consider that a problem?
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

heart on fire

You are tough, aren't you? :steam:

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Langrenus View Post
    I don't remember saying that anywhere, but I've no doubt that you can enlighten me.

The scenario you've raised would not involve 'disciplining' my wife; rather, it would involve defending myself against bodily harm and/or death. Of course, in a quieter moment I would probably reflect on what exactly had driven my wife to come at me with a knife, and find myself lacking. But that might just be me.
    Anything can happen. Whats wrong with discipline no ones gave me any logical arguments against it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy Clouds View Post
    Make me. If you want others to mind their own business, then don't post personal information on a public forum.
    Answer my question please what did I spell incorrectly?

heart on fire

Whats wrong with discipline?

I wouldn't mind it if my wife disciplined me! I'd thank her later in life for it.
    Reasonable people usually don't need to resort to the: and form of communication. Usually people who care about each other can talk things out and come to some compromise.

ETA. Then again Sona, after reflecting on your posting history....maybe you and your future wife shouldn't out fit the kitchen, just eat out all the time and keep things safer for everyone.