User Tag List

First 41213141516 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Here is what I wanted to post:

Greeks talked lots of crap. Like some of the mathematical concepts, it’s based on hypothetical stuff. It was invented by Greeks so they had a license to talk ****. Although sometimes it does have a general application in life, I mean before you build a house you have to 'philosophize' about how it’s going to be so then you can make a blueprint of that.

But the Greeks went over the top with it and went a little crazy with it, I mean they would have an argument on a hypothetical issue, the funny thing about this is, if there was a normal person who didn’t understand it, he would assume this person who is arguing about a hypothetical issue is a genius, however if you really understood the concept you would realize he is somewhat full of ****, because a debate on a hypothetical issue is going to be what ever you want it to be. So in every case, its going to seem right, but the debate is based on a logical fallacy. Because (now let me get a little academic on you all) the argument (hypothetical debate) is independent of the legitimacy of the premises It is a fault in the formation of the argument as opposed to an inaccuracy in its premises. The Argument does not entail anything about the argument's premises or its conclusion. Both may essentially be factual, but the argument is still illogical because the conclusion does not follow from the premises using the deduction philosophy of the argument. And the sole reason behind that is, because it’s a hypothetical argument and this is what the Greeks did, they pretended to be smart asses in front of people who didn’t have a clue of what the hell they were talking about. So once people realized what was going on, many people shunned philosophers, and dismissed them as Walter Mitty characters, and the whole philosophy kind of died out. But there seems to be a new reassurance of the philosophy, as people realize logical philosophy does have an application in real life. I'm a big fan of logical positivism. Its tangible it has a real application in real life. hypothetical issue will not be able to prove. Now, if someone is going to have a hypothetical debate about flying unicorns then, no matter what I say he is going to believe that. And just because you can't disprove something doesn't mean we should believe in it. As what application would a flying pink unicorn have? it would even be pointless to debate it, its a from of a futile philosophical debate. This is the point I am trying to make, your philosophical debate has to be a logical one.

You can use a simple truth table or a deduction philosophy to see which is a logical debate and which is not.

As I belief a pink flying unicorn doesn’t do any good for anyone. There is no propose for it, if today you believed that flying unicorns existed you’d be labeled crazy. And why is that? Because it’s illogical in other words one is mentally incapable of perceiving reality and is disillusioned. Now I emphasize the point of disillusioned, for the reason that when one he is disillusioned he will precise his illusion as a reality. However, that still doesn’t make it reality! The point here I am trying to is that, no mater how much you believe in something it will not materialize into reality. We make a big distinction between illusion are reality. Reality is universal, and illusion is not, as two people will not have the same illusion.

What can be a better argument then reality? How can you even debate reality that is the illogicality of this really daft philosophy of believing any crap you want to believe regardless of what application it has. Am not a Student of philosophy I am more science oriented am just giving my opinion. I say, you illusion is what ever you want it to be, reality is not!

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I'm so tempted to get into this....must...resist...
    It is hard sometimes not to play into the game, isn't it?

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    What makes them fair? I'm not sure of your basis of comparison here.

(For example, women might not make the money; but the hell they seemingly go through to make a husband happy and maintain a house sounds like even less fun than getting to go to work all day.)
    No necessarily, your assumption is based on that all (or most) Muslim women go though hell on a daily bases which isn't true. They live a life of a housewife. If you have no kids and are just a housewife, that is easy as opposed to being a man who has to work an 8 hr shift. Furthermore, generally Muslim men live with their families. I.e. Mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters. So a Muslim wife at home gets support from the in laws.

Sometimes the man gets it hard and sometimes the women gets it hard. Hence why I say its fair. Islam doesn't make your life hard, its the choices and how much money you have. For example, my father is a wealthy business man. No one in my family needs to work. My father is rich our life's are easy. Its you as a person who make your life hard or easy. But of course if a husband is abusing his wife then her life is going to be hard, however domestic violence is not stagnant just to Islamic society. That's a human problem not a religious one.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I'm so tempted to get into this....must...resist...

Sona, if your brother won't beat his wife, maybe you should show him how a REAL man acts. That is, if you have the balls to back up your words. I think you're full of shit and won't do a damn thing.

Your sister-in-law isn't trying to sleep with you. That's called a fantasy. She's the one who won't sleep with you.

The reason women rebel against control isn't because they're bad or wrong, it's because your ideology sucks ass, completely and absolutely.
    I don't want my brother to kick my ass.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    Anything can happen. Whats wrong with discipline no ones gave me any logical arguments against it.
    Axiom 1: The purpose of religion is to give meaning to our lives.

Axiom 2: This could be accomplished through a pursuit of virtue.

Axiom 3: Discipline is an act of inculcating certain habits on the agent from the outside.

Axiom 4: In order for us to begin the quest for virtue, we must first establish an external environment where this could be rendered possible.

Proposition 1: Virtue is an internal positive quality of character. Virtue can only be internal, what we have on the outside, could at best, be only manifestations of the aforementioned.

Proposition 2: Since virtue is internal, it can only come from the inside. You can inspire others to become virtuous, but you can not pressure them into it. That is true because internal positive changes could only be achieved if authorized by a personal decision of the agent. In other words, the change has to be in line with the will of the person about to change.

Proposition 3: Discipline does not suffice to instantiate virtue because it goes contrary to the Will of the agent. It insists on good deeds preceding a benevolent state of mind, demands credit for what it has not attained--can not be called virtue.

Proposition 4: We have established that the sole purpose of religion is to give man meaning in life, and this can be achieved only through attainment of virtue. Discipline, as a religious maxim is not desirable because it is unlikely to be conducive to virtue.

Proposition 5: In referrence to Axiom 4, we don't need virtue, we just need sound external behavior. Discipline may accomplish this, but only temporarily as this increases the chances of rebellion from those disciplined. As cafe pointed out earlier, your wife will find a subtle way to make your life hell if you treat her like an animal. If rebellion does not take place, disciplinarians will be forced to keep their eyes open for such occurences to arise. This renders the task of bringing about order more difficult. Discipline is not likely to be conducive to establishment of order in society. It is more desirable to create an environment where the agents are unlikely to do what they 'should' be disciplined for. This could only be possible if they are motivated to pursue virtue, not coerced.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    Ape

I thought Berrygood on the INFP global forum was a twat. This guy takes the biscuit. Always good to look at other forums for some perspective.

Wyrd is a concept in Anglo-Saxon and Nordic culture roughly corresponding to fate. It is ancestral to Modern English weird, which has acquired a very different meaning.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I suppose he deserves it given the privileges males usually get in the islamic culture. There's a price to pay.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    I suppose he deserves it given the privileges males usually get in the islamic culture. There's a price to pay.
    Isn't that normally the case? Typically, being given the candy rather than learning to earn it makes it easy to expect, demand and throw tantrums to get the candy. Once you are taught you should expect something... you expect no matter what reality tells you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sona
    Greeks talked lots of crap. Like some of the mathematical concepts, it’s based on hypothetical stuff. It was invented by Greeks so they had a license to talk ****.

now let me get a little academic on you all
    :yim_rolling_on_the_: You make me laugh, Sona. Really, you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Sona
    Now, if someone is going to have a hypothetical debate about flying unicorns then, no matter what I say he is going to believe that. And just because you can't disprove something doesn't mean we should believe in it. As what application would a flying pink unicorn have? it would even be pointless to debate it, its a from of a futile philosophical debate.
    Substitute "flying unicorns" for "a god". Can you feel it? Can you feel the hypocrisy pulsating through your body yet?
    January has April's showers
    And 2 and 2 always makes a 5

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Langrenus View Post
    :
    Substitute "flying unicorns" for "a god". Can you feel it? Can you feel the hypocrisy pulsating through your body yet?
    Oh flying pink unicon, that was good.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.