User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    Religion has attempted and failed often to conquer tribalism, imposing Islam on the world will not end the division, will not create worldwide morals and ethics, as even within islam the sects are divided, it always happens, human nature ensures it will always be so.
    Well I rather have Islamic devisions then. Kafirs divisions - I'd much rather prefer Muslims trying to kill me then kafirs trying to kill me, taking piss out of my religion and prophet.

One part of islam (pakistani) thinks if a man rapes yours, you have a right to rape one of his, whereas other islamic nations do not, all muslim nations, all still with differing morality, within christianity came division, within judaism came division, within islam it was written that there would be division, you sound like the dreamy idealist here, not me.
    Well, I don't know about all that. Am talking about morals and erhics which are set by the Quran and hadith. For exmple everyone would agree (of the Muslims) that is OK to take war booty. etc. What you're talking about are informal ethics and morals.

I know the rules aswell as you Sona, she has to play a subserviant role because she is subserviant "Treat women well for they are like domestic ainimals" right?, the rules to beating? Forget the rules, it's a beating, women don't need to be beaten as if they are children.
    Not like an animal, you use negative words to demonaize something which is ethical i think. Its a system, you have to follow the system, so your wife doesn't commit evil.

I hope that day never comes.
    If the current trends continue it will happened, however must of us will not be around to see it.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sona View Post
    Well I rather have Islamic devisions then. Kafirs divisions - I'd much rather prefer Muslims trying to kill me then kafirs trying to kill me, taking piss out of my religion and prophet.
    Ah yes.........a quitter.

Well, I don't know about all that. Am talking about morals and erhics which are set by the Quran and hadith. For exmple everyone would agree (of the Muslims) that is OK to take war booty. etc. What you're talking about are informal ethics and morals.
    So Formal ethics is taking booty, and raping is informal ethics?

Not like an animal, you use negative words to demonaize something which is ethical i think. Its a system, you have to follow the system, so your wife doesn't commit evil.
    It's not my words hunny bun, it's the words of Islam, that is what it says.

If the current trends continue it will happened, however must of us will not be around to see it.

That's what you believe, but there will always be resistance, with me or my descendents firmly at the front of the line.
    "No one can be free of the chains that surround them"

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Its not raping. Its marriage.

MBTI
    INFP

Its not raping. Its marriage.
    Anyway Sona, I come to this forum to get away from debating Islam, I do that elsewhere, i come here for different reasons, so I won't be drawn in any longer.

You have been creamed endlessly in debates before, and it always amazes me that you still can hold this kind of mentality in the face of all your losses.

Have fun preaching.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Anyway Sona, I come to this forum to get away from debating Islam, I do that elsewhere, i come here for different reasons, so I won't be drawn in any longer.

You have been creamed endlessly in debates before, and it always amazes me that you still can hold this kind of mentality in the face of all your losses.

Have fun preaching.
    No I haven't lost. They just use fallacy of appealing to emotions, the arguments are null and void. Plus they are stubborn.

MBTI
    INFP

No I haven't lost. They just use fallacy of appealing to emotions, the arguments are null and void. Plus they are stubborn.
    Whatever gets you through the night.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTJ

Whatever gets you through the night.
    I find it totally acceptable to me. After a while you get used to it.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Based on the tribal argument, Europe's past and continued colonialism is okay because our ancestors where barbarian tribes that invaded and pillaged other lands. It's just part of our culture to kill and plunder.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

lol

Honestly, I think you enjoy playing the role of the lone warrior fighting against all odds. The strife fuels you, rather than frightens you. It gives you something to react against or stand up for, and thus helps you feel strong.

Just curious -- What if you were a Muslim woman? What if you were the person you are right this moment, but through some bizarre metaphysical incident you were suddenly perceived as female by everyone else around you and expected to adhere to all the rules and roles that you believe Muslim women should follow? Would you still honestly feel good about it? Would you hate it? Would you lay down and die and give in and follow the rules? Would you rebel? Would you flee? Is it a role you'd want to play?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Its not about violence in Islam, a woman has to be subservient to a man and she has to play the traditional role of being a woman. However she does have a right education and freedom. The Quran does give permission to the husband to beat his disobedient wife or whom is doing ill-conduct.
    So the woman is subservient to the husband, has to play a prescribed role, and can be beaten should she disobey? I'm curious as to how this represents freedom. Freedom to do exactly as you're told (by custom, religion and your husband), lest you be beaten or killed? That doesn't look like freedom to me. How do you define freedom (and by that I don't mean specifically for women, I mean how do you define freedom period)?

But I suppose muslim men are also constrained by custom, religion and their male relatives to do what they are told too, it's just that they are given a much longer leash.