123 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Default What I think typology is

After hearing people say "why are you opposed to stereotyping, you're on a forum based on stereotypes you know!" too many times I've decided to post this.

I think a good analogy for typology is like a stencil for drawing. You get the outline of what the drawing is, then you have to color it in. That is what a personality type is, you get the basics and then you have to fill it in with what a person is like. I'm sick of seeing all these stereotypical posts about how x type will always be this way, that just isn't how it works.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INxJ

I think people can expect it to do too much. Or take it farther than what's realistic. It still has some interesting uses.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    After hearing people say "why are you opposed to stereotyping, you're on a forum based on stereotypes you know!" too many times I've decided to post this.

I think a good analogy for typology is like a stencil for drawing. You get the outline of what the drawing is, then you have to color it in. That is what a personality type is, you get the basics and then you have to fill it in with what a person is like. I'm sick of seeing all these stereotypical posts about how x type will always be this way, that just isn't how it works.
    Too right

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

That's a good way to look at it.

I've always viewed it as more of a mechanical thing, like an engine that runs the mind. Typology will tell you about how the engine functions, such as if it runs on gasoline or diesel.

However, it doesn't tell you how the person uses it. Engines can be used for racing (although some engines will be better suited to the task) or running over innocent pedestrians. Typology also doesn't tell you how well the engine actually works or how well it is maintained. Just because diesel engines generally have higher torque than gasoline engines, it doesn't mean that some gasoline engines can't outperform diesels.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Udog, do you suggest I drop coffee and start drinking gasoline?

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Udog, do you suggest I drop coffee and start drinking gasoline?
    What is your dom function: Ci or Ce (Introverted Caffeine or Extroverted Caffeine)?

Se (Short espresso)

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    What is your dom function: Ci or Ce (Introverted Caffeine or Extroverted Caffeine)?
    Ci, definitely.

MBTI
    yupp

So is Ci-drinking cofee

and Ce-expelling it?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I like the analogy.

People forget that typology is simply a model to help us understand others. Like any other tools, it can be misused.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca