User Tag List

First 123 Last

deleted

There were three preferences, now there is four. Will there be five?

Typology is unfinished.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

OP = very true, which is why it's so funny when people reject MBTI on the basis that it can't provide total accuracy.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    which is why it's so funny when people reject MBTI on the basis that it can't provide total accuracy.
    Seriously! Very complex psychological simulations that have a confidence level of 30-40% are considered good. Why, then, would we expect four letters to explain everything?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post

Typology is unfinished.
    I think there is some sort of missing link. I feel different from my INFP brethren. We can only know in the future... What could possibly be added though?

EDIT: Also thank you for supporting this everyone. ^_^
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I think there is some sort of missing link. I feel different from my INFP brethren. We can only know in the future... What could possibly be added though?

EDIT: Also thank you for supporting this everyone. ^_^
    I think the Enneagram makes a good compliment to the MBTI. I tend to not relate to INFP 4s all that much, but there have been some posts by INFPs 9w1s that I could have written. If typology is the lines, the enneagram is the primary shade of colors that are available for coloring.

If we added another 'letter' to MBTI, we'd have 32 different personality types. While it may be more accurate, I think we'd start reaching a point of diminishing returns for accessibility. Hell, people are having a hard enough time figuring out which of the 16 types they are. We'd have posts like "Help! Am I INFPR, INFJC, INFJR, or perhaps INFPC???"

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    So is Ci-drinking cofee

and Ce-expelling it?
    I sure hope so.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

I feel different from my INFP brethren.
    Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    I think the Enneagram makes a good compliment to the MBTI. I tend to not relate to INFP 4s all that much, but there have been some posts by INFPs 9w1s that I could have written. If typology is the lines, the enneagram is the primary shade of colors that are available for coloring.
    I relate to both your posts, and I concur with your conclusions re the enneagram. I used to read some INFP posts / responses and wonder how we could possibly belong to the same type LOL!

For me the enneagram really added a dimension that MBTI was lacking. I too feel the same kinship with some of my INFP / 9 wing brethren.

And I like how it was expressed to me in an earlier thread (ack I can't remember the poster's name although I can see his pic clearly in my mind, Evan I think) - each type is like a big box, and there's enough room in each box that if you were in one corner, and someone in the direct opposite, that you wouldn't really think you were even in the same box. There's that much diversity involved within each type.

MBTI
    INTJ

After hearing people say "why are you opposed to stereotyping, you're on a forum based on stereotypes you know!" too many times I've decided to post this.

I think a good analogy for typology is like a stencil for drawing. You get the outline of what the drawing is, then you have to color it in. That is what a personality type is, you get the basics and then you have to fill it in with what a person is like. I'm sick of seeing all these stereotypical posts about how x type will always be this way, that just isn't how it works.
    True, but on the other hand, I get annoyed at people who constantly try to color outside the borders too.
    Listen to me, baby, you got to understand, you're old enough to learn the makings of a man.

MBTI
    epic

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post

Typology is unfinished.
    there exist an infinite amount of preferences, depending on how specific or general you wish to go.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post

If we added another 'letter' to MBTI, we'd have 32 different personality types. While it may be more accurate, I think we'd start reaching a point of diminishing returns for accessibility. Hell, people are having a hard enough time figuring out which of the 16 types they are. We'd have posts like "Help! Am I INFPR, INFJC, INFJR, or perhaps INFPC???"
    I've also heard that there is a new 'type' that utilises the Z function.
    Is not to be held accuntable for peeling errors.