User Tag List

First 3456 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Do people really think this? What areas do you guys live in? I think the mall would be more of a problem. Library's are awesome. <3
    Oh don't get me wrong, I love libraries in part because they are so accessible and the idea of 'access to information for all' is pretty radical. Librarians and even statisticians (the professional ones) are generally pretty liberal nerds...

I don't think libraries are just for homeless people, or that homeless people are necessarily boorish, dangerous, dirty, or mentaly ill.

And homeless or not, I don't think any public space should be taken over to the point it makes it difficult or uncomfortable for others to use and enjoy the space.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Do people really think this? What areas do you guys live in? I think the mall would be more of a problem. Library's are awesome. <3
    that's not why it's just 20 floors of books where do I begin?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ISFJ

I'm guessing this is some kind of american phenomenon. Around here, hobos don't enter libraries. It's not like it's a more cozy or appropriate setting for them in any way. Why would they want to enter libraries in particular?

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

if i get ebola will someone here who works in a hospital sneak me some free medicine? i don't have health insurance and the guy sitting next to me either just took the biggest hit in the history of the world, or he has something as scary bad as ebola. i think i just saw some technicolor particles flowing out of of his heaving cough. i'm scared for my life.

some day my immune system is going to be so strong i will be able live on sewer water and sewer porridge.

edit: he's sleeping (snoring!) now, should i buzz the nurse?

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

I was going to laugh off the titular statement, but then I remembered that I *have* been sneered at for essentially, appearing too poor at the library. That woman was mean though- apparently the library was beneath her and I was infringing upon her bubble of awesome being-ness with my "tacky"ness.

But that was a rare occurance.

Libraries are for everyone. (Even mean bitches.)

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    I'm guessing this is some kind of american phenomenon. Around here, hobos don't enter libraries. It's not like it's a more cozy or appropriate setting for them in any way. Why would they want to enter libraries in particular?
    The restrooms are clean and accessible, chairs are often cushioned, they probably can't be told to leave unless they act up, and the entertainment is free. Why wouldn't they go into public libraries?

Sniffles

the public library is for poor people
    So what if they are?

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    if i get ebola will someone here who works in a hospital sneak me some free medicine? i don't have health insurance and the guy sitting next to me either just took the biggest hit in the history of the world, or he has something as scary bad as ebola. i think i just saw some technicolor particles flowing out of of his heaving cough. i'm scared for my life.

some day my immune system is going to be so strong i will be able live on sewer water and sewer porridge.

edit: he's sleeping (snoring!) now, should i buzz the nurse?

Yeah. I forgot to add that I never actually use the general public library. So, I wouldn't know what kind of people go there.

MBTI
    INTP

I think the homeless people should be allowed to spend their nights in public places, such as the libraries and the churches.

The rich can afford to buy their own James Bond books- and they can afford to erect their own shrine in their own home to their own god- if they are afraid of a healthy little dose of dirt.
    Or they can enter their Jag and drive to their country club to play some golf with the local waspies.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I just like to be surrounded by books. It's soothing.