User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFx

Quote Originally Posted by pippi View Post
    ^Exactly.
    Plus money is covered in germs, shopping makes me sick in more ways than one.
    I actually do wash some of my coins once in awhile. Of course, I don't usually have the time to do that, so I make it a rule to always wash my hands after handling money. Or if I can't do that, I just avoid eating or rubbing my face with my hands until I do wash them. I wonder if that's the reason why I rarely catch colds.

MBTI
    GONE

The public library is for everyone and is legally mandated to be truly accessible to all. This is why it is an attractive place to those have relatively limited access to resources and/or just like taking advantage of public resources. It's a very egalitarian place - which means the more priveleged have many other options.

Then again, like others have said, it really depends on which library you are talking about as well. Some public libraries in the states are high tech and architecturally beautiful, others are um....kinda rough.

I loved going to the library in silicon valley in CA when I was a kid. I would go after school and spend the afternoon reading instead of doing my homework. I love the main library in Chicago (forgot the name ) it's huge and something you want to see when you visit. I've also used the librares in NYC. Then I went to one of the public libraries in DC when I first moved here and I was just very...surprised. For a main branch it was pretty shabby and somewhat disorganized.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP

Public libraries are places where the homeless go to sleep, bathe, or masturbate.

MBTI
    INxJ

The larger libraries are amazing.

I don't necessarily agree with libraries existing solely for underprivileged people. Some texts aren't attainable outside medical and scientific libraries. Or law ones.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    Public libraries are places where the homeless go to sleep, bathe, or masturbate.
    +4000

I definitely encountered one of the masturbators. One of the most horrendous smells I've ever experienced. Wiped out like 1/4 of the whole library. I went to the nasty bathroom to get fresh air!!!

My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    Exposure to bacteria/microbes can enhance immunity, can't it? Then again, I wouldn't rub my eyes if my hands are dirty anyway.
    A good point.
    The macro organisms are sustained by the micro organisms.
    Life is one.

Let the germs thrive.

Tidy hospitals kill a lot of people.
    Do not go near them.

A public library is a source of health.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    A good point.
    The macro organisms are sustained by the micro organisms.
    Life is one.

Let the germs thrive.

Tidy hospitals kill a lot of people.
    Do not go near them.

A public library is a source of health.
    I think this is why I never ever get sick. I was never given antibiotics as a child so when I got sick my immune system grew stronger and then everyone i know is always sick and I can be around them and not get a sniffle. I was only taken to the doctor if i was sick longer then a week or my temp was really high so of course I was given fluids and tylenol for aches and pains but the actual illness my immune system learn to fight. now I'm not saying if I had gotten very ill my parents wouldn't have taken me to the doctor they would have just most illnesses could be fought with adequate rest.

I find libraries over whelming especially the big ones. I prefer book stores for some reason those don't tend to overwhelm me as much.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    I think this is why I never ever get sick. I was never given antibiotics as a child so when I got sick my immune system grew stronger and then everyone i know is always sick and I can be around them and not get a sniffle. I was only taken to the doctor if i was sick longer then a week or my temp was really high so of course I was given fluids and tylenol for aches and pains but the actual illness my immune system learn to fight. now I'm not saying if I had gotten very ill my parents wouldn't have taken me to the doctor they would have just most illnesses could be fought with adequate rest.

I find libraries over whelming especially the big ones. I prefer book stores for some reason those don't tend to overwhelm me as much.
    Lucky you.

Antibiotics destroys the immune system.
    Doctors order antibiotics for the common cold.

It is logical.
    The interest of the drug industry is to perpetuate your illness.
    A healthy patient is not a good client.

I used to go to the library early in the morning, and late at night.
    There was nobody around. Not even the staff.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Do people really think this? What areas do you guys live in? I think the mall would be more of a problem. Library's are awesome. <3

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    My father never visited a public library in his life. Why, there is real people there.
    I do not think he ever stepped inside a tram or a bus either. He always travelled first class. Even when he took an airoplane. What a fool.
    I always wandered about those people in the first class. Even as a child, I felt myself removed from them.
    Once I watched a woman in the first class. It was a train. There were only the two of us in the compartment. I was fifteen or something.
    She read a Christian newpaper. I did not get it.
    A Christian woman, afraid of the people. Did Christ tell her to be afraid of the people?
    nice.

i also agree with antibiotics being given out too frequently. and no antibacterial soap. you need to fight off many germs to stay healthy.

i go to the library to read and the people watching is far more interesting to me than barnes and noble. the downside is, i have to bring my own coffee. :P
    Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    this is your neck of the woods, not mine.
    Time is a delicate mistress.