User Tag List

First 12345 Last

heart on fire

Touching the eyes, face and chewing nails or fingertips is the worst part of being in situations like this. Folks train yourself to keep the hands off the face in public and when at work. I used to be a chronic eye rubber and I was able to stop this.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by cloakofsnow View Post
    I wouldn't think it much different from most public places. Just make sure you give all the books you check out from public libraries a good wipe with a moist towel before reading them and you should be fine.
    i like your response by far the best.

i was actually at the public library as i typed this, and as far as public institutions go, i think it is one of the most honorable ones we have. at the same time, hearing the sniffles and the coughs and the ebola virii echoing off the shelves of books is a little disconcerting. really gettin' down in the trenches with the proles, it seems. looking across from me and seeing a woman on the computer wearing the same scarf as me! ahhhck! what am i, a poor person? she doesn't even have her own laptop! and health insurance, a mere pipe dream!

and all of that and similarly cogent arguments, the blinking cursor just keeps and with inquiring eyes asking, who doesn't like a cute librarian, no?

ps it is agreed that the grocery store and the extremely backwards people who shop with cash are also infested with germs. plastic people, despite the threatening words of margaret atwood, just go with the plastic swipe.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Touching the eyes, face and chewing nails or fingertips is the worst part of being in situations like this. Folks train yourself to keep the hands off the face in public and when at work. I used to be a chronic eye rubber and I was able to stop this.
    oh god but it's soooo difficult. i enjoy all of these, usually in succession. somehow i find them comforting. and i swear i get smarter and more energized/focused when i start biting the nails. it's like a shot of espresso.

however, it occurs to me that if i were more of a germophobe, and more discplined, i probably would not still be a bit sick right now, which shows i'm obviously being very hypocritical with this whole thread.

barack, get me some health insurance!

heart on fire

^ what is your deal with poor people? It isn't a moral failing.

Also the day there's ebola at the library---all our worries will be done.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Exposure to bacteria/microbes can enhance immunity, can't it? Then again, I wouldn't rub my eyes if my hands are dirty anyway.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ????

Public libraries are for people who worry about excess amount of waste and rather borrow than buy.

Discuss

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Viv View Post
    Exposure to bacteria/microbes can enhance immunity, can't it?
    Didn't work that way for me, back when I was chronic eye rubber I got every damn bug that passed through the office.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    Public libraries are for people who worry about excess amount of waste and rather borrow than buy.

Discuss
    Great point! I only buy books that I know I will keep on my shelf for a LIFETIME. When I mean lifetime, I mean, for as long as I can treasure, even if pages are about to fall off the binding.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    it's true- there's nothing worse than carrying box after box of books every time you have to move. i too would rather donate the money it takes to buy books to the public library speeding ticket (late fee charge) campaign. the most i ever got to was over $100, that one was TERRIBLE. nowadays they have a new $10 limit, which keeps me in check.

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    ^ what is your deal with poor people? It isn't a moral failing.
    obviously i'm just being flippant. it's good for the back like stretching. keeps one on one's toes...