User Tag List

Default Videos and Podcasts for Seekers

Let's share some educational and inspirational videos and podcasts.

What interests you? Science, philosophy, spirituality, money, self-help, documentaries, psychology, relationships, paranormal, etc.

It's a lot harder to find valuable videos and podcasts that you can watch or listen to for free online than it is to find valuable written information online. However, there are still plenty of valuable of videos and podcasts online, and the purpose of this thread is to share them with other people. I enjoy reading, but there's a certain kind of enjoyment that comes from being able to just sit back and absorb information in a more passive way. I think it gives me more freedom to ponder and think for myself. Click, relax, and learn.

This thread is not for comedy and music. Other than that, it doesn't really matter what it's about it or where it's from, just share it if you liked it. And of course, it will also be fun to discuss the content shared in this thread.

I like to go to Google Video and search for videos on things I want to learn about that have a duration of 20 minutes or longer. You can really find some fascinating stuff this way.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Amazing World Of Psychic Phenomena. 1 hour and 31 minutes long. This is very cool documentary on all kinds of paranormal things. Itís kind of old, but who cares?

The Strangest Secret in the World. 31 minutes long. This is a timeless classic, originally recorded in the 50s. I guess you could call it self-help. I liked it. Even though we may already know some things, it's nice to be reminded of them again.

Byron Katie - I Thought You were Supposed to Love Me 1 hour and 1 minute long. The annoying sound at the beginning ends quickly. This is a fascinating video that really makes you think about the way we think. It really gets in your head. Byron Katie rips this guy up, in a good way. Watch all the false conceptions crumble around him. The video gets really interesting once the man starts talking about 5 minutes in.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Procrastination An interesting take on procrastination.

MBTI
    Zzzz

I've come to feast.

Cool vids.

Some favourite videos on creativity.
    Tim Brown: The powerful link between creativity and play
    Tim Brown from IDEO talking about creativity
    Sir Ken Robinson: Do schools kill creativity?
    The education system and creativity talk at TED talks
    Twyla Tharp on the Subject of Motivation and Creativity
    The famous choreographer talks about motivation.
    Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi: Creativity, fulfillment and flow
    I have a few of his books. He can be a little dry but it's worth it.
    Marissa Mayer at Stanford University
    About innovation at google. She is easy on the eye too.
    Inside IDEO - Part 1
    Inside the famous design firm. A nightline episode.
    Inside IDEO - Part 2
    Inside IDEO - Part 3

The old Muppet series on visual thinking
    Visual Thinking #1
    Visual Thinking #2
    Visual Thinking #3 (Imagining Shapes)

Some others
    Alan Watts Work as Play Pt2 Pt3
    Matt Kroczaleski Powerlifter Interview
    Ken Robinson on Riz Khan
    Tana Umaga's NZ Road Trip

Great videos, Wolfy! Thanks.

My Brilliant Brain - Make Me a Genius
    47 minutes long. A cool program about genius and the human brain.